Medicine Overview of Olscab P Soap
Uses of Olscab P Soap
Olscab P Soap is used in the treatment of scabies.
Side effects of Olscab P Soap
Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin.
How to use Olscab P Soap
Use it as advised by your doctor or check the label for directions before use.
How Olscab P Soap works
Permethrin is a pyrethroid compound and it belongs to a class of medications called as Ectoparasiticides. It acts on the nervous system of variety of parasites including itch mite and head and pubic lice causing paralysis and death.
In Depth Information on Olscab P Soap
Expert advice for Olscab P Soap
- Inform you doctor if you have any skin conditions or allergies to medicines, food or other substances, asthma, or if you have any other medical conditions.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes and wear gloves to avoid irritation to hands. If permethrin is accidentally introduced into the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Apply the medication on small part of the hair to ensure it does not affect colored or permed hair before application to entire head.
- Check hair for active infestation with lice or nits after one repetition of treatment after 14 days as you may be at risk of developing resistance to treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to permethrin or any ingredient of its ingredients.
- It should not given to children <6 months.
Special precautions for Olscab P Soap
No interaction found
Olscab P Soap is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Olscab P Soap is probably safe to use during lactation. Lim+more
ited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Olscab P Soap does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Olscab P Soap is probably safe to use in patients with kidne+more
y disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Olscab P Soap may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Olscab P Soap is probably safe to use in patients with liver+more
disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Olscab P Soap may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Permethrin Topical, please consult your doctor.
Substitutes for Olscab P
No substitutes found for this medicine