food interaction for OLMAT MT
alcohol interaction for OLMAT MT
pregnancy interaction for OLMAT MT
lactation interaction for OLMAT MT
Taking Metoprolol with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR OLMAT MT
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR OLMAT MT 50MG TABLET
Patients taking OLMAT MT 50MG TABLET
- 90%Once A Day
- 10%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR OLMAT MT
- OLMEZEST BETA 50 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14/tabletRs. 140pay 12% more per tablet
- OLMESAR-M 50 TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 13.89/tabletRs. 138.90pay 11% more per tablet
- OLSAR M 20 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.07/tabletRs. 120.75save 3% more per tablet
- PINOM M 20 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 12.60/tabletRs. 126pay 1% more per tablet
- OLVANCE M 20 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14/tabletRs. 140pay 12% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR OLMAT MT
- Olmesartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Olmesartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Olmesartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Olmesartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
Frequently asked questions FOR OLMAT MT
Q. What is olmesartan medoxomil?
Olmesartan medoxomil is available as olmezest or Benicar is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. It is not beta blocker or ACE inhibitor
Q. Is olmesartan better than telmisartan or losartan?
No, the effects of olmesartan, telmisartan or losartan are similar but may vary upon individual response
Q. Is olmesartan a blood thinner / statin?
No, olmesartan decreases the pressure in the blood vessels and increases the amount of fluid removed from the blood by the kidneys
Q. Is olmesartan safe?
Olmesartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does olmesartan cause impotence?
No, olmesartan does not cause impotence.
Q. Is metoprolol safe?
Metoprolol (also available as metolar XR 50/ met Xl/ metolar/ embeta XR) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is metoprolol a diuretic/ beta blocker/statin/ MAOI/ ACE inhibitor or ARB/ calcium channel blocker?
Metoprolol belongs to the class of beta-blocker drug. It is not a diuretic, statin, MAOI, ACE inhibitor or calcium channel blocker
Q. Is metoprolol tartrate the same as toprol XL?
Metoprolol tartrate and toprol XL are same and Toprol xl is the brand name of the generic drug metoprolol
Q. Can I take metoprolol with amlodipine/ Nyquil /Xanax/ Aspirin/ Ibuprofen/ Benadryl/ Zoloft/ Lisinopril?
Metoprolol can be taken with amlodipine, Lisinopril, Xanax and Aspirin. It is advised to take Nyquil and Metoprolol with doctor’s advice, because Nyquil contains antihistamines which might elevate blood pressure. Ibuprofen is NSAID, which interacts with metoprolol and should be avoided. Metoprolol may slow down the heart rate, and diphenhydramine can cause drowsiness, so Benadryl should be taken only if needed and under doctor’s advice. Metoprolol tartrate oral will increase the level or effect of Zoloft (sertraline) by altering drug metabolism
Q. Does metoprolol cause hair loss/ headache/ lower heart rate/ lower blood pressure/ weight gain/ memory loss/ itching/ cough/ itching/ gas?
Metoprolol may cause some of these effects. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.