Medicine Overview of Nimpod Tablet
Uses of Nimpod Tablet
Nimpod 30mg Tablet is used in the treatment of subarachnoid haemorrhage.
Side effects of Nimpod Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
How to use Nimpod Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Nimpod 30mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Nimpod Tablet works
Nimpod 30mg tablet is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the blood vessel of the brain. This prevents changes in brain function after bleeding around the brain (subarachnoid hemorrhage).
In Depth Information on Nimpod Tablet
Expert advice for Nimpod Tablet
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Special precautions for Nimpod 30mg Tablet
Taking Nimodipine with alcohol may have additive effects in+more
lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Nimpod 30mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Nimpod 30mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation.+more
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Nimpod 30mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Nimpod 30mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with+more
kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Nimpod 30mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Nimpod+more
30mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Zathrin Redimix Suspension, Pratham 200mg Suspension, Azibig 200mg Suspension
If you miss a dose of Nimodipine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Nimpod 30mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Nimodipine
Nimpod relaxes and widens the blood vessels so that blood can flow easily through them thereby improving the blood supply to the brain, and preventing vasospasm (reflex narrowing of blood vessels caused by bleeding)
Nimpod is used to prevent further damage to/changes in brain function after subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding around the brain).