Medicine Overview of Nimodip Infusion
Uses of Nimodip Infusion
Nimodip 10mg Infusion is used in the treatment of subarachnoid haemorrhage.
Side effects of Nimodip Infusion
Headache, Nausea, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
How to use Nimodip Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How Nimodip Infusion works
Nimodip 10mg infusion is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the blood vessel of the brain. This prevents changes in brain function after bleeding around the brain (subarachnoid hemorrhage).
In Depth Information on Nimodip Infusion
Expert advice for Nimodip Infusion
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Special precautions for Nimodip 10mg Infusion
Taking Nimodipine with alcohol may have additive effects in+more
lowering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Nimodip 10mg Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Nimodip 10mg Infusion is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Nimodip 10mg Infusion may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired+more
, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Nimodip 10mg Infusion is probably safe to use in patients wi+more
th kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Nimodip 10mg Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Nimodip+more
10mg Infusion in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Zathrin Redimix Suspension, Pratham 200mg Suspension, Azifine 200mg Suspension
If you miss a dose of Nimodipine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Nimodip 10mg Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Nimodipine
Nimodip relaxes and widens the blood vessels so that blood can flow easily through them thereby improving the blood supply to the brain, and preventing vasospasm (reflex narrowing of blood vessels caused by bleeding)
Nimodip is used to prevent further damage to/changes in brain function after subarachnoid haemorrhage (bleeding around the brain).
Substitutes for Nimodip Infusion
Nimodec 10mg Infusion
United Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹11.76/ml of Infusion