food interaction for NEX(NEL)
alcohol interaction for NEX(NEL)
pregnancy interaction for NEX(NEL)
lactation interaction for NEX(NEL)
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEX(NEL)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEX(NEL)
Expert advice FOR NEX(NEL)
- Consult the doctor if you suffer from heart problems, fits (seizures), have a history of head injury or brain tumor, or if you are addicted to drugs or alcohol.
- It is recommended not to drive or do any activity that requires alertness as naloxone impairs thinking or reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Naloxone does not act against respiratory depression caused by drugs other than opioids.
- Do not drink alcohol if you are taking naloxone.
- Inform the doctor if you are taking any pain killers, sleeping pills (sedatives), narcotic painkillers, or other medicines.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEX(NEL)
Q. Is naloxone a controlled substance?
No. Naloxone is not a controlled substance
Q. Is naloxone addictive?
No. Naloxone is not addictive
Q. Is naloxone water soluble?
Yes. Naloxone is soluble in water
Q. Is naloxone absorbed orally?
Yes. Naloxone is relatively well absorbed after oral administration. However, it undergoes extensive first-pass metabolism, making this route of delivery ineffective
Q. Is naloxone in subutex?
No. Naloxone is not present in subutex
Q. Does naloxone block tramadol?
No. naloxone does not block tramadol
Q. Does naloxone cause constipation?
No. Naloxone does not cause constipation
Q. Does naloxone reverse methadone?
Yes. Naloxone reverses the effects of methadone
Q. Does naloxone reverse ketamine?
No. Naloxone does not reverse the effect of ketamine as it is an anaesthetic agent
Q. Does naloxone block buprenorphine?
Naloxone does not block buprenorphine if it is taken in pill form, but when injected or snorted it will.