SALT INFORMATIONGabapentin(300 mcg)
Gabapentin is used to treat fits (epilepsy), long standing pain in legs and/or arms caused by damage to the nerves (peripheral neuropathic pain) and disease of trigeminal nerve (trigeminal neuralgia).
How it works
The exact mechanism of action is unknown; however, gabapentin treats fits (epilepsy by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. It also relieves the pain of peripheral neuropathic pain by changing the way the body senses pain.
Common side effects
Aggression, Behavioual changes, Sleeping for unusually long periods
Methylcobalamin is an active form of vitamin B12, which is used to treat anemia as well as nerve damage with numbness, tingling, pain in various neurological disorders.
How it works
Methylcobalamin plays a key role in recovery process of damaged nerve cells and also it maintainins proper function of nerve cells.
Common side effects
Gastrointestinal disturbance, Allergic skin rash
- RENERVE G 300 MCG/500 MCG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Strides Arcolab LtdRs. 18.99/tabletRs. 189.90pay 47% more per tablet
- NERVIC-G TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 13/tabletRs. 130pay 1% more per tablet
- VOLTADIN 300 MCG/500 MCG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 16.10/tabletRs. 161pay 25% more per tablet
- GABATA PLUS 300 MCG/500 MCG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.57/tabletRs. 125.71save 3% more per tablet
Always take gabapentin capsules, tablets, and oral solutions with a full glass of water (240 ml). Do not use the medication:
- If you develop thoughts of harming or killing self (suicidal ideation)or behavior.
- If you develop allergic reaction after taking one or more doses of gabapentin (hypersensitivity).
- with symptoms such as rash, fever or swelling of lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy).
- If you have any kidney problem or currently on hemodialysis.
- If you develop muscle pain and/ or weakness.
- If you develop symptoms such as persistent stomach pain, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, contact your doctor immediately as these may be symptoms of inflammation of pancreas (acute pancreatitis).
Stop the drug if you have persistent stomach pain or feeling of being sick ( these may be signs of acute inflammation in pancreas).
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is gabapentin used as a muscle relaxant or, blood thinner?
No. Gabapentin is a prescription medication and has no role in muscle relaxation or, blood thinning.
Q. Is gabapentin an opiate, benzo or NSAID?
Gabapentin is an analog of GABA (gamma- amino butyric acid), that is effective against fits and pain due to nerve damage or nerve irritation. It is not an opiate or benzodiazepine or NSAID.
Q. Is gabapentin (dose 600 mg) a narcotic?
No. Gabapentin at any dose is not a narcotic agent. Follow the advice of your doctor regarding the best dose suited for your condition.
Q. Is gabapentin used for anxiety?
Anxiety is one of the side effects of this drug. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Q. What is gabapin-NT?
Gabapin-NT tablet is a brand name that contains gabapentin (400 mg) plus nortriptyline hydrochloride (10 mg). This combination is used for the treatment of pain due to nerve damage or nerve irritation. Follow the advice of your doctor as to gabapentin or Gabapin-NT is to be used, as appropriate for your condition.
Q. Is gabapentin and pregabalin the same?
Gabapentin and pregabalin are structurally similar but they acts though different mechanism. Both can be used for the treatment of fits and pain due to nerve damage or nerve irritation. However, follow the advice of your doctor regarding the choice of the drug appropriate for your condition.
Q. Is gabapentin safe?
Gabapentin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What is methylcobalamin/ mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD?
Methylcobalamin (mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD) is an active form of vitamin B12. It is water soluble and orally absorbed. It is found in animal-based foods and in supplement form.
Q. Is methylcobalamin the same as cyanocobalamin?
No.Cyanocobalamin is different form of vitamin B12.
Q. What is Nurokind G, Nurokind plus, Nurokind Next, Nurokind LC, Nurokind Gold?
Nurokind G contains methylcobalmine and gabapentin. Nurokind plus contains methylcobalamin, folic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and alfa lipoic Acid. Nurokind Next contains methlcobalamin, alphalipoic acid, benfotiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, chromium. NurokindL C contains L-carnitine, L-tartrate, methylcobalamin, folic acid. Nurokind Gold contains ginseng extract, mixed carotene 10%, niacinamide, vitamin B6, methylcobalamin, vitamin D3, refined wheat germ oil, folic acid, elemental calcium, elemental phosphorus, ferrous fumarate, zinc sulfate mono hydrate, elemental magnesium, elemental manganese, elemental copper, elemental iodine, elemental potassium.