Information about Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin
Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin Uses
Gabapentin+Methylcobalamin is used in the treatment of neuropathic pain.
How Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin works
Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin is a combination of two medicines: Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin. Gabapentin is an alpha 2 delta ligand which decreases pain by modulating calcium channel activity of the nerve cells. Methylcobalamin is a form of vitamin B which helps in the production of myelin, a substance that protects nerve fibers and rejuvenates damaged nerve cells. Together, they relieve neuropathic pain (pain from damaged nerves).
Common side effects of Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Tiredness, Uncoordinated body movements
Available Medicine for Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin
GabaneuronAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹85 to ₹2705 variant(s)
GabantinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹69 to ₹2034 variant(s)
Gabapin MEIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹97 to ₹1832 variant(s)
Gabantin PlusSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
NeuropillOrdain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd
₹153 to ₹2322 variant(s)
₹116 to ₹1432 variant(s)
Pentanerv MAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Gaba-HositEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Nervz-GIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin
- You have been prescribed Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin for treating and preventing nerve pain.
- Its side effects are usually mild and temporary.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chances of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Gabapentin + Methylcobalamin, as it may cause excessive sleepiness.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.