Medicine Overview of Neosal Tablet
Side Effects of Neosal are Redness of skin, Blisters on skin, Edema (swelling), Itching.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Neosal 5 mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Neosal 5 mg Tablet is a photosensitive medication used with UV-A rays. It works by activating certain skin cells (melanocytes) and helps repigment the discolored, white patches in vitiligo.
In Depth Information on Neosal Tablet
- Trioxsalen is a very strong medicine that increases your skin sensitivity to sunlight. Do not use it for sun tanning or to increase tolerance to sunlight; if doing so, do not use trioxsalen for more than 14 days.
- Take this treatment (trioxsalen and UVA) two or three times a week with the treatment spaced at least forty-eight hours apart.
- Take this medication by mouth with food or milk, usually 2 to 4 hours before your UVA light treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for 24 hours before taking trioxsalen. Wear UVA-absorbing, wrap-around sunglasses and cover exposed skin or use a sunblock (SP 15 or higher) for the twenty-four (24) hour period following treatment with trioxsalen.
- Use extra caution for at least 48 hours following each treatment. After each treatment, cover your skin for at least 8 hours by wearing protective clothing.
- Do not increase the amount of trioxsalen if you are taking or spend extra time in the sunlight or under an ultraviolet lamp.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as trioxsalen may cause dizziness.
- You will need to have an eye examination before starting trioxsalen and also once a year thereafter.
- Be careful before applying anything to your skin to treat dryness and itchiness caused by trioxsalen.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Neosal Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Neosal 5 mg Tablet during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Neosal 5 mg Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Neosal 5 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Neosal 5 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Neosal 5 mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Neosal 5 mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Questions Related to Neosal
Which is the speedy recovery medicine for vitiligo vulgarisis other than steroids
Dr. Charu Bansal
Hello. Welcome to 1mg. I have read your query. I understand your concern. I prefer to advise oral psoralens for extensive vitiligo. For limited vitiligo, topical steroids help. I hope it helps. Take care
I have a vitigo prob since when I am 5 year old. Now my 60% body coverred with white spot. But I just want to cover my face back to the natural skin colour . I have also a spots of pimples or acne prob on my face . so please suggest me something .
Dr. Atula Gupta
For you - NBUVB for vitiligoSkinAid clinic Gurgaon . 9XXXXXXFace clin gel for pimplesSeamed cleansing gel wash
Vitiligo white patches on sminWhile patches on skin at fingers tip, leg, thigh etc.
Dr. Atul Jain
You need to visit skin specialist for proper examination and treatment meanwhile apply clonate ointment twice a day for few days
Hello sir My question is that is it true taking milk after having fish or any other meat causes white patches on skin?
Dr. Waseem Mirza
No itz a myth vitiligo has no connection with milk or fish But u should avoid milk after eating spicy foods
Suffring from vitiligo from 7 years it was cured but now again started
Dr. Atula Gupta
Treatment depends upon Severity of disease. Best Treatment is NBUVB @ a skin Clinic. NBUVB three times a week. Apply Tacvido Forte Cream ( Tacrolimus Cream 0.1% ) for application once daily for 1 month.Momate / Etaze cream once daily for 2 weeks. Tab. Patchex once daily for 2 months. Contact - SkinAid Clinic Gurgaon , 9XXXXXX
Any dietary restrictions for a person suffering from vitiligo and alopecia ?
Dr. Saurav Arora
No mam there are no specific diet restriction, but you should avoid spicy, fatty and seasoned food
My son is suffering from vitiligo from last 1 year, pls help how to cure it. White patches are visible on hands, feet and knee.
Dr. Charu Bansal
Hello. Welcome to 1mg. I have read your query. I understand your concern. For vitiligo,I prefer to advise topical steroid like mometasone ad oral psoralens. The dose of poralens depend upon the body weight. Another option Is Narrow band UVB expoure from Dermatology set up.
No Patient Concerns found for this medicine
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Neosal 5mg Tablet: DGN, HMP, RUS, SPD, IPP, HGI, DLP, MDH, BLP, 9MM, APS, JVO, RHS, BNC, ARD, CRN, AAR, HTS, ENP, ZVP, AVS, KHC, LHP, HWS, CMC, SSI, AHP, BAP, VJS, SNG, MSD, SHC, MDO, ESY, AGT, KHH, NLP, DPL, SJP, MKT, XMX, USF, NLG, PVP, SIO, LMS, PRL, SBL, BTM, BNA, FRM, UHP, ZEL, HPC, SDM, MRS, WSI, SVH, MPC, VSC, KHD, EAN, RAC, MKS, DRA, HPP, GPP, RWP, MAX, MAM, AMH, SHD, JIV, RPP, KNH, DYG, PRT, PEN, GHR, MAP, GNC, ANP, THP, AVL, FGH, WPL, ANS, EPS, SRG, SGC, JHC, BSN, GLM, SMN, SSS, QTM, INC, GGL, ATP, DPP, FIP, ASP, BJR, PWN, PSF, BDI, RKS, SVS, HAT, VTR, MFN, SPF, NNP, STS, BHA, BJP, SBN, WDE, QLF, SNH, PRN, SDE, DYL, DHR, NPH, PTI, ZPR, JJE, DAO, MLC, EQN, MJT, NSL, GTC, RDH, STA, KMC, HLT, DZY, UVD, NVL, SAF, IAD, 4IT, BHP, RHW, PNQ, BIO, VDH, AYU, AXM, RRP, HNP, BHM, HEX, MIP, SMS, HCP, PRC, SLC, HSP, BBN, JVN, UMP, PHN, 1MH, RSA, WAD, UPA, LCC, JSL, OLT, ANT, TFP, BRC, HZF, DLY, VRS, TRP, AYM, NVY, LHA, MAK, VOP, ATL, OBS, NTL, RGH, PPR, VSL, SCH, ALY, NAS, KIS, SWA, DFP, ALC, HBV, TNH, WHL, HIP, TSS, GDA, YMI, RSS, VHP, PMA, JBT, BLS, PLT, SAA, DVH, KLC, OWP, AAY, RDR, GBL, AFT, DHP, GMA, HSM, RTL, RPI, IMC, BHS, GEO, EEC, AMR, TAT, CPK, WHP, GLD, GFL, NTB, NXG, IPL, ABP, SCP, MBP, BBS, AVB, NDP, KIM, NEO, TOM, SLN, EMB, ADT, CLT, BMJ, RVC, SHG, RHL, CMD, SHN, VNS, AYN, NWP, SGH, SWP, SBA, BGS, BNT, OMV, EVP, OHM, PHC, PNT, PTP, OWN, OIP, BAL, BLE