Medicine Overview of Neo K Injection
Altered taste, Cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin), Shortness of breath, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Increased bilirubin in the blood, Decreased blood pressure, Itching, Skin erosion, Skin eruptions.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer. Neo K 1mg Injection may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Neo K 1mg Injection provides essential nutrients.
In Depth Information on Neo K Injection
Do not take anticoagulants ('blood thinners') such as warfarin (Coumadin) while you are taking phytonadione unless told to do so by your doctor, If you are taking orlistat (Xenical), take it 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking vitamin K.
- If you need surgery or dental work, tell the surgeon or dentist ahead of time that you are using Vitamin K.
- Vitamin K should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease as the administration of high dosages has resulted in further depression of liver function.
- Routine liver function tests should be performed if regular or prolonged therapy with vitamin K is necessary in patients with liver disease.
- Too much vitamin K can be harmful if you are receiving dialysis treatments due to kidney disease.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor:
- If you have a medical history of blood disorders.
- If you have a medical history of gallbladder disease (e.g., obstructive jaundice, biliary fistula) .
- If you have a medical history of liver or kidney disease.
- If you have recently used or are currently taking an antibiotic.
- If you have recently used or are currently taking a blood thinner such as anisindione, heparin, warfarin, Coumadin.
- If you have recently used or are currently taking salicylates such as aspirin, Backache Relief Extra Strength, Novasal, Nuprin Backache Caplet, Doan's Pills Extra Strength, Pepto-Bismol, Tricosal, and others.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly need.
- Vitamin K alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol in some formulations may cause dizziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to vitamin K.
- Vitamin K in some formulations contains benzyl alcohol, which has been reported to cause toxic and fatal reactions ("gasping syndrome") in newborn children. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
Neo K Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Neo K 1mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Neo K 1mg Injection is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Neo K 1mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Neo K 1mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Neo K 1mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Neo K Injection
Q. Is vitamin K an antioxidant/ a coagulant/ water soluble/ have another name/come from the sun?
Vitamin K is not considered a classic antioxidant as some other vitamins. It is a fat soluble vitamin and is also known as phytonadione. It helps in blood coagulation. It is not obtained from sun as is the case with vitamin D
Q. Is vitamin K good for skin/take vitamin K for dark circles?
A vitamin K oxide cream can help to reduce many skin imperfections such as dark circles with much ease. You may consult your doctor before its use
Q. vitamin K lower International Normalized Ratio (INR)?
Vitamin K is used by the body to form clots and to stop bleeding. Vitamin K helps reduce the risk of bleeding from various illnesses such as liver disease, long-term use of antibiotics, and malabsorption syndromes. High intake of vitamin K will lower a patient's IN
Q. Can I take vitamin K with warfarin/Plavix/ Coumadin/Aspirin/Pradaxa /other vitamins/ calcium?
Do not take vitamin K with warfarin(Coumadin) unless as prescribed by your doctor. Caution should be administered while taking vitamin K with aspirin and other vitamins and calcium.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Taking Neo K with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Orlistat: Orlimac, O-Stat, Orlimax, Orlica, Orlean, Reeshape, Cobese, Orlitroy, Troyslim, Orlip X, Orlisis, Ishape, Nofat, Lipophage, Olisat, Obitrol, Fatnil, Orle, Megaburn, Obilix, Orlishape, Obelit, Lipocut, Reesize, Ultislim, Xenical, Obfree, Jamopenz, Obeset, Sibbidex OR, Obezita, Xtra Slim, Fatclean, Zerotrim, Cut Fat, Slimroze, Orlitone, Orlifat, Onslim, Euslim, Orlijohn, Zeroslim, Cal-X, Slimrex, Vyfat, Zerofat, Orlisar, Ogwo, Slimorli
Medicines with composition Phenindione: Dindevan
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Neo K 1mg Injection: DHR, BBN, KHH, HPC, BDN, GPT, SWP, OHM, ENP, MMS, TSS, HSP, AYM, BLE, SCH, JIV, 9MM, TFP, SVS, USF, LMS, PVP, BBS, BLS, SDM, DLP, SMN, PRT, GTK, UBL, PWN, BGS, NDP, NNH, KAL, SHC, BLP, AAY, MAX, KMC, AVS, SGH, CLT, MAP, ZPR, BHP, BAP, SLN, MDO, VRS, QTM, SRG, AMR, ATL, UMP, WSI, CHP, RPI, TNH, RSS, BIO, PRN, DGN, VDH, 9T9, LHA, AWS, OWP, HGI, DPL, ZEL, OLT, BAL, PEN, AGT, NTB, PLT, MPC, JHC, RDR, DAO, NVY, RKS, FGH, HEX, NNP, BTM, BMJ, BHM, ABP, EMB, BSN, GNC, ARD, PTI, GHR, THP, DHP, PPR, IAD, DYG, GBL, PNT, RDH, IPL, RJH, 4IT, ADT, JVN, HMP, JBT, LCC, PMA, HZF, GTC, SVH, NSL, KIS, MAM, SYN, HAT, EPS, OIP, HNP, PHN, DVH, EAN, STA, NVL, DPP, RHL, HTS, MLC, BHS, MBP, MAK, SWT, BNA, KHC, ATP, MKT, SSA, AYU, ANT, TRP, SAF, ANP, VJS, SGC, ZVP, HBV, SWA, KNH, MSD, RHW, JVO, SJP, BHA, NAS, ESY, RWP, WHL, RPP, JSL, DZY, QLF, HIP, DFP, RSA, SBA, EQN, AAR, TOM, GPP, SBL, EVP, SPD, SHD, UHP, MDH, VNS, RUS, NXG