Medicine Overview of MOOSTIN CAPSULE
Side effects of MOOSTIN CAPSULE
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Decreased white blood cell count.
How to use MOOSTIN CAPSULE
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Moostin 40mg capsule empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How MOOSTIN CAPSULE works
Moostin 40mg capsule works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on MOOSTIN CAPSULE
Expert advice for MOOSTIN CAPSULE
- Take lomustine as recommended by your doctor preferably on empty stomach.
- Take precautions as lomustine is known to lower the white blood cells and platelets in blood that will make you more prone to infections or you may bleed easily/excessively.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe signs of infections such as fever, chills, body ache or if you have unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Do not receive any live vaccines [for eg. measles, mumps, MMR (Rubella), rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, chickenpox, zoster and influenza vaccine] while on lomustine treatment.
- Use disposable gloves while handling lomustine capsule to avoid direct contact with medicine.
- Use appropriate contraceptive measures while on lomustine treatment.
- Men are advised not to father children during treatment with lomustine and for up to 6 months afterwards, and should seek advice regarding sperm conservation before the start of treatment with lomustine, as there is a chance that lomustine may cause permanent infertility in men.
- You may need to undergo frequent blood tests and kidney/lung/liver function tests to evaluate drugs effect on your body.
- Contact your doctor if you observe severe side effects such as chest discomfort, difficulty breathing, rapid heart rate, dry cough, wheezing, reduced/no urination, yellowing of skin and eyes (jaundice), pale skin, inability to concentrate.
Special precautions for MOOSTIN 40MG CAPSULE
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Moostin 40mg capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Lomustine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for MOOSTIN 40MG CAPSULE
Frequently asked questions for Lomustine
Q. Is lomustine effective?
Lomustine is effective if taken as per the dose and for the duration prescribed by a doctor. It may be used in combination with other drugs/radiotherapy or surgery to get best results. Follow your doctor's instructions about this treatment carefully
Q. How fast does lomustine work?
Lomustine treatment includes administration of medicine in several sessions/cycles. Each cycle of lomustine is usually a single oral dose given every 6-8 weeks. Duration of treatment may depend upon the type of cancer and body's response to the medicine. Total treatment with lomustine may run over a few months
Q. How long does lomustine stay in the body?
Lomustine may stay in body from 16 hours to 2 days.