Medicine Overview of Moostin Capsule
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Decreased white blood cell count.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Moostin 40mg Capsule is to be taken empty stomach.
Moostin 40mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Moostin Capsule
- Take lomustine as recommended by your doctor preferably on empty stomach.
- Take precautions as lomustine is known to lower the white blood cells and platelets in blood that will make you more prone to infections or you may bleed easily/excessively.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you observe signs of infections such as fever, chills, body ache or if you have unusual bruising or bleeding.
- Do not receive any live vaccines [for eg. measles, mumps, MMR (Rubella), rotavirus, typhoid, yellow fever, chickenpox, zoster and influenza vaccine] while on lomustine treatment.
- Use disposable gloves while handling lomustine capsule to avoid direct contact with medicine.
- Use appropriate contraceptive measures while on lomustine treatment.
- Men are advised not to father children during treatment with lomustine and for up to 6 months afterwards, and should seek advice regarding sperm conservation before the start of treatment with lomustine, as there is a chance that lomustine may cause permanent infertility in men.
- You may need to undergo frequent blood tests and kidney/lung/liver function tests to evaluate drugs effect on your body.
- Contact your doctor if you observe severe side effects such as chest discomfort, difficulty breathing, rapid heart rate, dry cough, wheezing, reduced/no urination, yellowing of skin and eyes (jaundice), pale skin, inability to concentrate.
Moostin Capsule related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Moostin 40mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Moostin 40mg Capsule during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Moostin 40mg Capsule alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Moostin 40mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Moostin 40mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Regular monitoring of kidney function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine. Use of Moostin 40mg Capsule is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
There is limited information available on the use of Moostin 40mg Capsule in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
However, regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised while you are taking this medicine.
If you miss a dose of Moostin 40mg Capsule, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Moostin 40mg Capsule
What were the side-effects while using Moostin 40mg Capsule? How much was the improvement? What are you using Moostin Capsule for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Moostin 40mg Capsule. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Moostin Capsule
Moostin is effective if taken as per the dose and for the duration prescribed by a doctor. It may be used in combination with other drugs/radiotherapy or surgery to get best results. Follow your doctor's instructions about this treatment carefully
Moostin treatment includes administration of medicine in several sessions/cycles. Each cycle of Moostin is usually a single oral dose given every 6-8 weeks. Duration of treatment may depend upon the type of cancer and body's response to the medicine. Total treatment with Moostin may run over a few months
Moostin may stay in body from 16 hours to 2 days.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Moostin 40mg Capsule: NNH, ATP, BIO, VRS, QTM, DLP, CHP, SBL, RWP, TNH, SBA, BLE, PWN, NVL, PRN, PNT, EMB, SHC, ESY, BTM, GPP, HGI, STA, EQN, LCC, KHH, BAL, HBV, ZEL, BMJ, MAK, MMS, RDR, THP, ZVP, HTS, QLF, P2P, DVH, RKS, RPP, PMA, MDH, USF, SJP, NSL, RPI, AMR, DYG, RHL, GTK, OWP, SPD, SYN, KMC, BHM, SHD, HZF, SDM, PLT, 9T9, GPT, INC, VDH, DAO, HEX, HMP, RJH, JVO, SCH, SVS, SRG, SLN, NTB, RUS, MSD, UMP, ARD, OHM, BHP, PTI, JIV, SWP, SWA, SGC, JSL, DFP, AYM, NXG, GBL, TRP, PPR, BAP, HIP, MAM, FGH, ENP, JVN, MDO, RHW, SSA, AAR, NAS, SHP, KHC, HSP, WHL, TOM, HNP, AYU, LHA, DGN, GTC, NDP, NVY, BDN, SVH, DHR, MAX, BBS, OIP, IPL, EVP, AGT, SAF, RSS, DPL, IAD, OLT, CLT, RDH, PVP, ADT, RSA, PEN, HAT, ATL, MPC, ABP, TFP, GHR, ANT, HPC, WSI, GNC, DPP, VNS, BSN, SGH, AAY, MLC