Information about Lomustine
How Lomustine works
Lomustine is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA and RNA) of the cancer cells. This stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of Lomustine
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair loss, Decreased white blood cell count
Expert advice for Lomustine
- Lomustine should be taken on an empty stomach, but try to have it the same time every day.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your blood cell count (CBC) and liver function.
- Inform your doctor if you experience fever, chills, unusual bleeding and dark or bloody stools.