Medicine Overview of Metarub Lotion
Uses of Metarub Lotion
Metarub Lotion is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
Side effects of Metarub Lotion
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis.
How to use Metarub Lotion
This medicine is for external use only. Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake it well and apply to the area evenly.
How Metarub Lotion works
Metarub lotion is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
In Depth Information on Metarub Lotion
Expert advice for Metarub Lotion
- Do not keep the treated skin area covered or apply on your face unless advised by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you have diseases like tuberculosis (TB), herpes simplex virus (infection of the eye), cystic fibrosis (genetic disorder of glands resulting in lung and digestive problems), clouding of lens in the eye (cataract) or raised pressure in the eye (glaucoma), or a lung or chest infection or cold or breathing problems, if you are taking other corticosteroid medications.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to mometasone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have had an infection or injury or surgical procedure of the nose.
- Do not use by Children < 6 years.
- Do not use if you are suffering from bacterial, fungal or viral dermatitis (bacterial skin infections).
- Do not use if you have rosacea (redness, small and superficial dilated blood vessels on facial skin).
- Do not use if you are suffering from perioral dermatitis (scaly or bumpy rash around the lips).
Special precautions for Metarub Lotion
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Metarub Lotion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Metarub Lotion is probably safe to use during lactation. Li+more
mited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Metarub Lotion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Metarub Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Metarub Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Metarub Lotion is probably safe to use in patients with live+more
r disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Metarub Lotion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Metarub 0.1% Lotion
Frequently asked questions for Mometasone Topical
Q. Is mometasone a steroid drug?
Yes. Mometasone is a steroidal drug
Q. Is mometasone the same as hydrocortisone?
No. Mometasone and hydrocortisone are different drugs; although both are steroids
Q. Does mometasone topical treat ringworm/acne?
Mometasone topical does not treat ringworm/acne. It only treats the symptoms of inflamed skin
Q. Does mometasone topical lighten skin?
Yes. Mometasone topical may lighten the area of skin which is darkened due to any infection.
Substitutes for Metarub Lotion
Metos 0.1% Lotion
West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
₹5.7/ml of Lotion