Information about Mometasone
Mometasone is used in the treatment of Skin conditions with inflammation & itching.
How Mometasone works
Mometasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Mometasone
Headache, Sore throat, Itching, Nosebleeds, Viral infection, Upper respiratory tract infection, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Mometasone
MomateGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹177 to ₹3867 variant(s)
EloconFulford India Ltd
₹153 to ₹5435 variant(s)
HH SoneHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹180 to ₹3553 variant(s)
₹324 to ₹5553 variant(s)
₹434 to ₹4782 variant(s)
NasonexMSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
DermanexTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹70 to ₹1913 variant(s)
MomozTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹181 to ₹2962 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mometasone
- Mometasone is used to treat the redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort of various skin conditions.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Mometasone and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2 weeks of treatment.