Information about Mometasone
Mometasone is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How mometasone works
Mometasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of mometasone
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Mometasone
- ₹160 to ₹375Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹128 to ₹430Fulford India Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹153 to ₹318Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP3 variant(s)
- ₹244 to ₹555British Biologicals3 variant(s)
- ₹326 to ₹360Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹294Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹340Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹542MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹191Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹152 to ₹224Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mometasone
- Mometasone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Mometasone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Mometasone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Mometasone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Mometasone
Q. Is mometasone an antifungal, an antibiotic or a steroid?
Mometasone is neither an antifungal nor an antibiotic. It is a corticosteroid which is used to help reduce inflammation (redness, swelling) in various conditions. It is available as an ointment, cream and lotion for external application. It is also available as a nasal spray or powder for inhalation.
Q. Mometasone is effective for my child. Can I extend the treatment a little longer?
You should use Mometasone as advised by your doctor, especially in children. If you use more than the recommended dose or extend the duration of treatment, there may be hormonal imbalance in your child because of which there may be puffiness or rounding of face and a delay in growth and development.