Information about Mometasone
Mometasone is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How mometasone works
Mometasone is a topical steroid. It works directly on the area of application and helps decrease swelling and inflammation in the nose.
Common side effects of mometasone
Headache, Sneezing, Nose bleed, Sore throat
Available Medicine for Mometasone
- ₹297Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹495MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹268Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹310Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹247Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹260Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹220Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹322Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹186Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹163Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mometasone
- Your doctor has prescribed Mometasone to treat stuffy and runny nose due to allergies.
- Mometasone will start working fully in 1-2 weeks.
- Shake well before use. ‘Prime’ the bottle by pumping the spray in the air until a fine mist is seen.
Frequently asked questions for Mometasone
Q. Is mometasone a steroid drug?
Yes. Mometasone is a steroid drug
Q. Is Mometasone available or sold over the counter?
No. Mometasone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is mometasone the same as hydrocortisone?
No. Mometasone and hydrocortisone are different drugs; although both are steroids
Q. Is mometasone safe?
Yes. Mometasone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does mometasone treat ringworm/acne/eczema?
Mometasone does not treat ringworm/acne or eczema. It only treats the symptoms of inflammation related to the above conditions
Q. Does mometasone cause weight gain?
There is no evidence of mometasone causing weight gain. If you notice any such symptom, please consult your doctor
Q. Does mometasone lighten skin?
Yes. Mometasone may lighten the area of skin which is darkened due to any infection.