Information about Mometasone
Mometasone is used in the treatment of severe allergic reaction, allergic disorders, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How mometasone works
Mometasone belongs to a category of drugs called as corticosteroids. It works by reducing the production of substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies..
Common side effects of mometasone
Muscle disorders, Electrolyte imbalance, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Behavioural changes, Increased blood pressure, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract, Increased risk of infection
Available Medicine for MometasoneNo medicine available
Expert advice for Mometasone
- It is a steroid medicine which works well for many different conditions, including serious illnesses.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefit.
- Do not discontinue unless advised by your doctor. You may need to decrease the dose gradually.
- You may get side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems. Notify your doctor if you get them.
- Some side effects may occur after weeks or months. These include weakness of arms and legs, or developing a rounder face.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
Frequently asked questions for Mometasone
Q. Is mometasone a steroid drug?
Yes. Mometasone is a steroid drug
Q. Is Mometasone available or sold over the counter?
No. Mometasone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is mometasone the same as hydrocortisone?
No. Mometasone and hydrocortisone are different drugs; although both are steroids
Q. Is mometasone safe?
Yes. Mometasone is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does mometasone treat ringworm/acne/eczema?
Mometasone does not treat ringworm/acne or eczema. It only treats the symptoms of inflammation related to the above conditions
Q. Does mometasone cause weight gain?
There is no evidence of mometasone causing weight gain. If you notice any such symptom, please consult your doctor
Q. Does mometasone lighten skin?
Yes. Mometasone may lighten the area of skin which is darkened due to any infection.