Information about Mometasone
Mometasone is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How Mometasone works
Mometasone is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Mometasone
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Mometasone
MomateGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹165 to ₹3756 variant(s)
EloconFulford India Ltd
₹128 to ₹4605 variant(s)
HH SoneHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹159 to ₹3183 variant(s)
₹268 to ₹5553 variant(s)
NasonexMSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
DermanexTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MomozTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹150 to ₹2442 variant(s)
Expert advice for Mometasone
- Mometasone helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Mometasone can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Mometasone. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Mometasone suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.