food interaction for MECOFOL PLUS
alcohol interaction for MECOFOL PLUS
pregnancy interaction for MECOFOL PLUS
lactation interaction for MECOFOL PLUS
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MECOFOL PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for MECOFOL PLUSNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for MECOFOL PLUS
- Do not use nicotinamide in children.
- Caution should be observed if large doses are prescribed in patients with a history of jaundice, liver disease, or diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with fibrates (e.g. Clofibrate) and statins (e.g. Simvastatin) as it may cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with alcohol.
- Caution should be taken in the use of supplements containing copper, which may cause severe heart defects (second or third degree heart blocks) in patients with chronic liver or renal failure.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Frequently asked questions for MECOFOL PLUS
Q.Is nicotinamide safe?
Nicotinamide is safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does nicotinamide contain nicotine?
No. Nicotinamide in no way contain nicotine. Nicotinamide is amide form of nicotinic acid and used to treat skin diseases like acne and pellagra
Q.Is nicotinamide good for acne?
Yes. Nicotinamide when taken along with zinc and folic acid is a good treatment of acne
Q.Is nicotinamide the same as niacin?
No. Nicotinamide is an amide form of nicotinic acid
Q.Is nicotinamide available over the counter?
Yes. Nicotinamide is available over the counter. However, please consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Does nicotinamide cause flushing?
In case of overdose, nicotinamide may cause flushing or rash. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration.
Q.What is methylcobalamin/ mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD?
Methylcobalamin (mecobalamin/Neurokind/ Nurokind OD) is an active form of vitamin B12. It is water soluble and orally absorbed. It is found in animal-based foods and in supplement form
Q.Is methylcobalamin the same as cyanocobalamin?
No.Cyanocobalamin is different form of vitamin B12
Q.What is Nurokind G, Nurokind plus, Nurokind Next, Nurokind LC, Nurokind Gold?
Nurokind G contains methylcobalmine and gabapentin. Nurokind plus contains methylcobalamin, folic acid, vitamin B1, vitamin B6 and alfa lipoic Acid. Nurokind Next contains methlcobalamin, alphalipoic acid, benfotiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, folic acid, chromium. NurokindL C contains L-carnitine, L-tartrate, methylcobalamin, folic acid. Nurokind Gold contains ginseng extract, mixed carotene 10%, niacinamide, vitamin B6, methylcobalamin, vitamin D3, refined wheat germ oil, folic acid, elemental calcium, elemental phosphorus, ferrous fumarate, zinc sulfate mono hydrate, elemental magnesium, elemental manganese, elemental copper, elemental iodine, elemental potassium.