food interaction for MACTOR EZ
alcohol interaction for MACTOR EZ
pregnancy interaction for MACTOR EZ
lactation interaction for MACTOR EZ
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the fetus and should not be given under any circumstances. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for MACTOR EZAtorvastatin(10 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Patients taking this medicines
- 92%One Time A Day
- 8%Two Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for MACTOR EZ
- STORVAS EZ 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ranbaxy Laboratories LtdRs. 15.40/tabletRs. 154pay 212% more per tablet
- AZTOR EZ 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 15.40/tabletRs. 154pay 212% more per tablet
- TONACT-EZ 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 14.20/tabletRs. 142pay 187% more per tablet
- ATORVA E 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 18.90/tabletRs. 189pay 283% more per tablet
- ATOREC EZ 10 MG/10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 14.82/tabletRs. 148.25pay 200% more per tablet
Top General Physicians
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for MACTOR EZ
- Consult your doctor if you feel sudden muscle pain, weakness or fever
- Consult your doctor if you notice dark colored urine or yellowing of eyes or skin
- Avoid intake of excess fat containing food, it may reduce the effectiveness of atorvastatin.
- Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice, it may interact and lead to potentially dangerous effect.
- Talk to your doctor if you have had a previous stroke with bleeding into the brain
- Consult your doctor if you have kidney problems, under-active thyroid gland (hypothyroidism), a personal or family history of muscle problems
Frequently asked questions for MACTOR EZ
Q. What is tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20?
Atorvastatin (also available as tonact tg/ tonact 10/ tonact 40/ tonact 20/ storvas 10/ storvas 20/ lipikind/ atorlip/ atorlip-20) belong to group of medications called statins (lipid-lowering agents) or HMG CoA reductase inhibitors. It acts by blocking the enzyme HMG CoA reductase and formation of cholesterol, thus, lowering the blood lipid levels.
Q. Is atorvastatin same as simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor (or statins) with similar action but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q. Is atorvastatin diuretic/ beta blocker/ ace inhibitor?
No. Atorvastatin belongs to class of medication called as HMG CoA reductase inhibitor or statins.
Q. It atorvastatin gluten free?
Yes. It is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is it a blood thinner?
No. it is a lipid lowering drug.
Q. Is atorvastatin better than simvastatin/ pravastatin?
Atorvastatin and simvastatin/ pravastatin belong to same category of medications with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.