Medicine Overview of Lepromine Capsule
Uses of Lepromine Capsule
Lepromine 50mg Capsule is used in the treatment of leprosy.
Side effects of Lepromine Capsule
Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Loss of appetite, Rash, Itching, Scaling of skin, Skin discolouration, Eye discolouration.
How to use Lepromine Capsule
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Lepromine 50mg Capsule with food.
How Lepromine Capsule works
Lepromine 50mg capsule stops the growth of bacteria in the body.
In Depth Information on Lepromine Capsule
Expert advice for Lepromine Capsule
- Keep taking clofazimine for the full course of treatment, even if you begin to feel better after a few months.
- Do not get exposed to sunlight even for a brief period of time as clofazimine may cause your skin to become more sensitive to sunlight.
- Use of clofazimine may cause pink or red to brownish-black discoloration of the skin within few weeks.
- Take precautions while taking clofazimine as it may cause some stomach upset, but on rare occasion it may also cause severe, sharp abdominal pain and burning.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as clofazimine may cause dizziness and drowsiness.
Special precautions for Lepromine 50mg Capsule
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Lepromine 50mg Capsule may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Lepromine 50mg Capsule is probably usafe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Lepromine 50mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tire+more
d, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Lepromine 50mg Capsule is probably safe to use in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Lepromine 50mg Capsule may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Lepromi+more
ne 50mg Capsule in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
User Submitted Feedback For Lepromine 50mg Capsule
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?