Medicine Overview of Ledermycin Tablet
Uses of Ledermycin Tablet
Ledermycin 150mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
Side effects of Ledermycin Tablet
Rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Photosensitivity, Urticaria, Haemolytic anemia, Diarrhoea.
How to use Ledermycin Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Ledermycin 150mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Ledermycin Tablet works
Ledermycin 150mg tablet is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Ledermycin Tablet
Expert advice for Ledermycin Tablet
- Do not take demeclocycline with milk or food products derived from milk.
- Do not take iron and calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking democlocycline.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as demeclocycline may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Exercise caution while taking demeclocycline if you suffer from myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness) or have liver or kidney disorder.
- Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sucrose or lactose.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking other drugs like penicillin, methoxyflurane, oral contraceptives, or if you have taken oral typhoid vaccine recently.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery as demeclocycline causes headache, dizziness and visual disturbances.
- Do not give to Patients who are allergic to tetracycline class of antibiotics, demeclocycline or to any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to patients with severe kidney or liver problems.
- Do not give to patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (a condition characterized by a rash especially on the face, hair loss, fever, malaise and joint pain).
- Do not give to children under 12 years old.
- Avoid if patients is Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Do not give to patients with acute porphyria (disorder involving abnormal metabolism of the haemoglobin)
Special precautions for Ledermycin 150mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ledermycin 150mg Tablet is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Ledermycin 150mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Hu+more
man studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Ledermycin 150mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.+more
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery....
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Ledermycin 150mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Sucramal Suspension, Sufrate O Suspension, Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection, Sucrasure 500mg Suspension
Frequently asked questions for Ledermycin 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Demeclocycline
It appears that Ledermycin takes 3-4 hours to work and half of the drug is eliminated in 12 hours.
Substitutes for Ledermycin
No substitutes found for this medicine