Medicine Overview of Lafukem Tablet
Side effects of Lafukem Tablet
Fatigue, Drowsiness, Headache, Increased liver enzymes, Constipation, Increased uric acid level in blood, Diarrhoea, Muscle pain, Protein in urine.
How to use Lafukem Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Lafukem 5mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Lafukem Tablet works
Lafukem 5mg tablet lowers the acid production in the stomach.
In Depth Information on Lafukem Tablet
Expert advice for Lafukem Tablet
- Lafukem is a well tolerated and safe medicine with a very low incidence of side effects.
- Take Lafukem before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day as it is very effective in controlling stomach acid released in the midnight.
- If you are also taking an antacid, take it two hours before or after taking Lafukem.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Lafukem for two weeks or 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver disease. Dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
Special precautions for Lafukem 5mg Tablet
Alcohol use can increase acid secretion, acid reflux in food+more
pipe causing heartburn and decreasing effect of this drug. Also Lafutidine can decrease alcohol breakdown and increase its level in blood....
Lafukem 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Lafukem 5mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
As Lafutidine passes into the breast milk and may have some effect on the child....
As Lafutidine passes into the breast milk and may have some effect on the child.
It is not known whether Lafukem 5mg Tablet alters the abilit+more
y to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Lafukem 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function as it is excreted through the urine....
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function as it is excreted through the urine.
Lafukem 5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Precaution should be taken in patients with underlying liver disease as this drug is metabolized in the liver....
Precaution should be taken in patients with underlying liver disease as this drug is metabolized in the liver.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Nevir 200mg Tablet, Nevimune 200mg Tablet, Onabet Powder, Vozuca 0.2mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Lafutidine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Substitutes for Lafukem Tablet
Swiftin 5mg Tablet
Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd