Information about Lafutidine
Lafutidine is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease.
How Lafutidine works
Lafutidine is a histamine H2 receptor antagonist. It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Lafutidine
Fatigue, Drowsiness, Headache, Increased liver enzymes, Constipation, Increased uric acid level in blood, Diarrhea, Muscle pain, Protein in urine
Available Medicine for Lafutidine
LafaxidZuventus Healthcare Ltd
LafudacTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹35 to ₹862 variant(s)
LafumacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
LafukindIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
LafutaxAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹29 to ₹492 variant(s)
LafjoyJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LacilocCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
LafterRapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Lafutidine
- Take Lafutidine before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day. It is very effective in controlling stomach acid that is released when you are asleep.
- If you are also taking other medications to treat acidity (e.g., antacid), take them 2 hours before or after taking Lafutidine.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Lafutidine for 2 weeks as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney disease as dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.