Information about Lafutidine
How lafutidine works
Lafutidine is an H2 blocker. It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of lafutidine
Fatigue, Drowsiness, Headache, Increased liver enzymes, Constipation, Increased uric acid level in blood, Diarrhoea, Muscle pain, Protein in urine
Available Medicine for Lafutidine
- ₹85Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹87Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹83Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹75Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹57Rapross Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹62Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹58Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lafutidine
- Lafutidine is a well tolerated and safe medicine with a very low incidence of side effects.
- Take Lafutidine before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day as it is very effective in controlling stomach acid released in the midnight.
- If you are also taking an antacid, take it two hours before or after taking Lafutidine.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Lafutidine for two weeks or 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver disease. Dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.