Medicine Overview of Kloryl S Cream
Side effects of Clobetasol
Muscle disorders, Electrolyte imbalance, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Behavioural changes, Increased blood pressure, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract, Increased risk of infection.
How to use Clobetasol
How Kloryl S Cream works
How to use Salicylic Acid
How Kloryl S Cream works
In Depth Information on Kloryl S Cream
Expert advice for Clobetasol
Make sure you wash your hands after use or wear disposable plastic gloves while applying the cream on someone. Cream should be used on skin externally only.
Treatment beyond 2- 4 consecutive weeks is not recommended, and the total dosage should not exceed 50 g per week.
If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your doctor. Do not use in conditions such as
- Fungal skin infections, eg. athlete's foot, ringworm, candida skin infections.
- Severe flushing of skin on and around your nose (rosacea).
- Spotty red rash around your mouth (perioral dermatitis).
- Infected skin (unless the infection is being treated with an anti-infective medicine at the same time).
- Itchy skin around the genitals or back passage.
- Itchy skin which is not inflamed.
- Nappy rash
- Widespread plaque psoriasis.
Expert advice for Salicylic Acid
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to salicylic acid or any of the ingredients of the acne cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo or medicated plaster.
- Do not apply salicylic acid to open wounds or irritated skin.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after applying salicylic acid containing application.
- Do not apply on eyes, nose, genitals or rectum, and avoid touching these areas after applying medication to affected area and before washing your hands.
- Topical salicylic acid should not be used for genital warts, warts on the face, warts with hair growing from them, warts in the nose or mouth, moles, or birthmarks.
- Do not cover treated skin with a bandage or heating pad, which can increase the burning sensation. You should not cover the skin with clothing immediately after application.
- Do not apply this immediately after shaving or bathing.
- Avoid getting this medication on dentures or any other thing that comes in contact with sensitive parts of the body.
- Do not use salicylic acid on children or adolescents without the prescription of the doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any other medication you are taking, or if you have kidney problems or if you are pregnant or breast feeding or are diabetic or have blood circulation problems.
- The cream, ointment, solution, gel, shampoo, medicated plaster should be used for an indication only as instructed by doctor and not for any other indication.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.