food interaction for KEFOTAX
alcohol interaction for KEFOTAX
pregnancy interaction for KEFOTAX
lactation interaction for KEFOTAX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KEFOTAX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KEFOTAX
- MONOCEF 2000 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 24.29/ML of injectionRs. 121.45save 46% more per ML of injection
- XONE 2000 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 138/injectionRs. 138pay 205% more per injection
- IVIXONE 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 160.95/injectionRs. 160.95pay 256% more per injection
- UNITRAX 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 120.35/injectionRs. 120.35pay 166% more per injection
- TRAXOL 2000MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 128.57/injectionRs. 128.57pay 185% more per injection
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for KEFOTAX
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or into a muscle. It is made up by the doctor, or nurse using water for injections or a suitable infusion fluid.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftriaxone.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. This includes medicines you can obtain without a prescription.
- Do not start or continue the ceftriaxone and consult your doctor if you have a liver or kidney disease.
- Do not take this drug and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for KEFOTAX
Q.Is ceftriaxone a form of penicillin drug?
No, ceftriaxone is not a penicillin drug
Q.Is it bactericidal or bacteristatic?
It is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is bactericidal drug
Q.Is ceftriaxone safe in liver disease?
Yes, ceftriaxone is safe in liver disease. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q.Is ceftriaxone compatible with potassium or potassium chloride?
Yes, ceftriaxone is compatible with potassium or potassium chloride when taken together
Q.Is ceftriaxone the same as cephalexin, Monocef-o, Monocef 200, Monocef tablet, Cefakind, or Cefakind 250?
No, all are different cephalosporin antibiotics. Monocef-o, Monocef 200, or Monocef tablet contain cefpodoxmine, and Cefakind, or Cefakind 250 contain cefuroxime
Q.What organisms does ceftriaxone cover?
Ceftriaxone is active against pseudomonas, staphylococcus, and klebsiella bacteria. It has no activity against chlamydia, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), and mycoplasma.