Information about Ceftriaxone
Ceftriaxone is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ceftriaxone works
Ceftriaxone is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of ceftriaxone
Diarrhea, Abnormal liver function tests, Rash
Available Medicine for Ceftriaxone
- ₹27 to ₹137Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹131Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹126Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries4 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹70Galpha Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹129Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹114Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹65Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹36Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹131Zuventus Healthcare Ltd5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftriaxone
- Your doctor has prescribed Ceftriaxone to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Discontinue Ceftriaxone and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
Frequently asked questions for Ceftriaxone
Q. How long does Ceftriaxone takes to work?
Usually, Ceftriaxone starts working soon after you take it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and relieve your symptoms completely.
Q. What if I do not get better after using Ceftriaxone?
Inform your doctor if you do not feel better even after finishing the full course of treatment. You must also inform your doctor if the symptoms get worse while using this medicine.
Q. For how long does Ceftriaxone stay in the body?
Usually, Ceftriaxone stays in the body for around 2 days after completely stopping the medicine.