Medicine Overview of Kaypen Tablet
Side effects of Kaypen Tablet
Nausea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, Diarrhoea.
How to use Kaypen Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Kaypen 125mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Kaypen Tablet works
Kaypen 125mg tablet is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
In Depth Information on Kaypen Tablet
Expert advice for Kaypen Tablet
- Tell your doctor if you have history of allergy or asthma or kidney problems or rheumatic fever or prolonged usage of antibiotics.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood count, liver and kidney function during prolonged treatment with penicillin V.
- Tell your doctor if you have antibiotic-associated colitis (an inflammation of the intestines that sometimes occurs following antibiotic treatment).
- Seek immediate attention if you suspect super-infection as penicillin V may cause potential overgrowth of resistant organisms including Pseudomonas or Candida.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to penicillin V or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with severe acute infections.
Special precautions for Kaypen 125mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Kaypen 125mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Kaypen 125mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation. Human+more
studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Kaypen 125mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Kaypen 125mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Kaypen 125mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Kaypen+more
125mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Genticyn 80mg Injection, Mci 250mg Injection, LA Mika 100mg Injection, Tobatose Injection
Frequently asked questions for Kaypen 125mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Penicillin V (phenoxymethyl penicillin)
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with penicillin V?
Penicillin V is not known to interact with ibuprofen. However please consult your doctor before taking ibuprofen along with penicillin V
Q. Does penicillin V cause drowsiness?
Penicillin V does not cause drowsiness. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does penicillin V affect birth control?
Penicillin V may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. Please use additional forms of contraceptive precautions while taking penicillin V. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
User Submitted Feedback For Kaypen 125mg Tablet
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Kaypen
No substitutes found for this medicine