food interaction for KAYPEN
alcohol interaction for KAYPEN
pregnancy interaction for KAYPEN
lactation interaction for KAYPEN
Either animal studies have shown no adverse effect on the fetus, but there is no human studies or animal studies have shown an adverse effect that was not confirmed in human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for KAYPENPenicillin V(125 mg)
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for KAYPENNo substitutes found
Top General Physicians
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for KAYPEN
- Tell your doctor if you have history of allergy or asthma or kidney problems or rheumatic fever or prolonged usage of antibiotics.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood count, liver and kidney function during prolonged treatment with penicillin V.
- Tell your doctor if you have antibiotic-associated colitis (an inflammation of the intestines that sometimes occurs following antibiotic treatment).
- Seek immediate attention if you suspect super-infection as penicillin V may cause potential overgrowth of resistant organisms including Pseudomonas or Candida.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to penicillin V or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with severe acute infections.
Frequently asked questions for KAYPEN
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with penicillin V?
Penicillin V is not known to interact with ibuprofen. However please consult your doctor before taking ibuprofen along with penicillin V.
Q. Does penicillin V cause drowsiness?
Penicillin V does not cause drowsiness. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q. Does penicillin V affect birth control?
Penicillin V may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. Please use additional forms of contraceptive precautions while taking penicillin V. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.