How it works
Common side effects
- 1 variant(s)
- Tell your doctor if you have history of allergy or asthma or kidney problems or rheumatic fever or prolonged usage of antibiotics.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood count, liver and kidney function during prolonged treatment with penicillin V.
- Tell your doctor if you have antibiotic-associated colitis (an inflammation of the intestines that sometimes occurs following antibiotic treatment).
- Seek immediate attention if you suspect super-infection as penicillin V may cause potential overgrowth of resistant organisms including Pseudomonas or Candida.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to penicillin V or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with severe acute infections.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with penicillin V?
Penicillin V is not known to interact with ibuprofen. However please consult your doctor before taking ibuprofen along with penicillin V.
Q. Does penicillin V cause drowsiness?
Penicillin V does not cause drowsiness. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.
Q. Does penicillin V affect birth control?
Penicillin V may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. Please use additional forms of contraceptive precautions while taking penicillin V. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.