food interaction for K NAT
alcohol interaction for K NAT
pregnancy interaction for K NAT
lactation interaction for K NAT
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for K NAT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for K NATNo substitutes found
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for K NAT
- If you need surgery or dental work, tell the surgeon or dentist ahead of time that you are using Vitamin K.
- Vitamin K should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease as the administration of high dosages has resulted in further depression of liver function.
- Routine liver function tests should be performed if regular or prolonged therapy with vitamin K is necessary in patients with liver disease.
- Too much vitamin K can be harmful if you are receiving dialysis treatments due to kidney disease.
- If you have a medical history of blood disorders.
- If you have a medical history of gallbladder disease (e.g., obstructive jaundice, biliary fistula) .
- If you have a medical history of liver or kidney disease.
- If you have recently used or are currently taking an antibiotic.
- If you have recently used or are currently taking a blood thinner such as anisindione, heparin, warfarin, Coumadin.
- If you have recently used or are currently taking salicylates such as aspirin, Backache Relief Extra Strength, Novasal, Nuprin Backache Caplet, Doan's Pills Extra Strength, Pepto-Bismol, Tricosal, and others.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly need.
- Vitamin K alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol in some formulations may cause dizziness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to vitamin K.
- Vitamin K in some formulations contains benzyl alcohol, which has been reported to cause toxic and fatal reactions ("gasping syndrome") in newborn children. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for K NAT
Q.Is vitamin K an antioxidant/ a coagulant/ water soluble/ have another name/come from the sun?
Vitamin K is not considered a classic antioxidant as some other vitamins. It is a fat soluble vitamin and is also known as phytonadione. It helps in blood coagulation. It is not obtained from sun as is the case with vitamin D
Q.Is vitamin K good for skin/take vitamin K for dark circles?
A vitamin K oxide cream can help to reduce many skin imperfections such as dark circles with much ease. You may consult your doctor before its use
Q.vitamin K lower International Normalized Ratio (INR)?
Vitamin K is used by the body to form clots and to stop bleeding. Vitamin K helps reduce the risk of bleeding from various illnesses such as liver disease, long-term use of antibiotics, and malabsorption syndromes. High intake of vitamin K will lower a patient's IN
Q.Can I take vitamin K with warfarin/Plavix/ Coumadin/Aspirin/Pradaxa /other vitamins/ calcium?
Do not take vitamin K with warfarin(Coumadin) unless as prescribed by your doctor. Caution should be administered while taking vitamin K with aspirin and other vitamins and calcium.