Medicine Overview of Jakavi Tablet
Jakavi 15mg Tablet is used in the treatment of chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis.
Headache, Dizziness, Reduced blood platelets, Bruising, Anemia (low number of red blood cells).
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Jakavi 15mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Jakavi 15mg Tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Jakavi Tablet
- You will be recommended frequent blood tests (every 2 to 4 weeks) and your doctor can change the dosage based on your test reports.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had any infections such as tuberculosis (TB), hepatitis etc. or any disorders of the kidney, liver or any form of skin cancers.
- Do not take ruxolitinib before a dialysis treatment.
- Take necessary precautions as ruxolitinib may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood and the ability of your body to fight infection.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bruising, sudden bleeding, unusual tiredness, difficulty in breathing, pale skin, frequent infections, fever, chills, prolonged coughing, increased sweating at night, sudden weight loss, loss of balance, difficulties in walking/coordination, speaking difficulties, clumsiness, difficulty in thinking, blurring of vision, weakness on one side of body, painful skin rashes with blisters or any unusual skin changes.
- Do not give ruxolitinib to children aged below 18 years.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after using ruxolitinib as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ruxolitinib or any of its ingredients.
Jakavi Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Jakavi 15mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Jakavi 15mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Jakavi 15mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Jakavi 15mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Jakavi 15mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Jakavi 15mg Tablet is not advised in patients with moderate to severe kidney disease.
Jakavi 15mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Jakavi 15mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Jakavi 15mg Tablet: VRS, OHM, PEN, EQN, HNP, DHR, DPL, MAK, ZEL, GPT, HZF, ZVP, MDO, P2P, DVH, RKS, CLT, SCH, KMC, BTM, RWP, INC, RPP, NSL, DGN, SGH, SAF, PMA, MSD, SHD, BMJ, RHW, KHH, SHC, MDH, SDM, KHC, DFP, HSP, HGI, 9T9, HAT, SYN, IPL, NNH, NVL, WSI, SBA, SJP, PLT, OIP, IAD, AYU, MMS, NDP, ESY, JIV, VDH, UMP, MAM, JVN, NAS, SVH, TOM, HPC, RUS, USF, ATP, JVO, GBL, ENP, DYG, HIP, DLP, GPP, SSA, DPP, QTM, BAP, NVY, FGH, ANT, RSS, HTS, EMB, QLF, BLE, TRP, ABP, RDR, SLN, BBS, RSA, OLT, BHP, STA, LHA, EVP, TNH, SBL, AYM, BIO, BAL, PWN, MAX, BHM, AAR, NTB, PTI, PVP, TFP, GHR, SHP, ATL, THP, BDN, JSL, GNC, HMP, MPC, MLC, BSN, HBV, NXG, SRG, RHL, AAY, OWP, RPI, GTC, AGT, SGC, HEX, RDH, VNS, LCC, AMR, DAO, SWA, GTK, ARD, PRN, WHL, RJH, PNT, ADT, PPR, SWP