Medicine Overview of Jakavi Tablet
Uses of Jakavi Tablet
Jakavi 15mg Tablet is used in the treatment of chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis.
Side effects of Jakavi Tablet
Headache, Dizziness, Reduced blood platelets, Bruising, Anemia.
How to use Jakavi Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Jakavi 15mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Jakavi Tablet works
Jakavi 15mg tablet is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Jakavi Tablet
Expert advice for Jakavi Tablet
- You will be recommended frequent blood tests (every 2 to 4 weeks) and your doctor can change the dosage based on your test reports.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have had any infections such as tuberculosis (TB), hepatitis etc. or any disorders of the kidney, liver or any form of skin cancers.
- Do not take ruxolitinib before a dialysis treatment.
- Take necessary precautions as ruxolitinib may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood and the ability of your body to fight infection.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bruising, sudden bleeding, unusual tiredness, difficulty in breathing, pale skin, frequent infections, fever, chills, prolonged coughing, increased sweating at night, sudden weight loss, loss of balance, difficulties in walking/coordination, speaking difficulties, clumsiness, difficulty in thinking, blurring of vision, weakness on one side of body, painful skin rashes with blisters or any unusual skin changes.
- Do not give ruxolitinib to children aged below 18 years.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after using ruxolitinib as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ruxolitinib or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Jakavi 15mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Jakavi 15mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Jakavi 15mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Jakavi 15mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Jakavi 15mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment....
Caution should be used in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Jakavi 15mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Ruxolitinib
Yes, Jakavi is approved for marketing in India.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Jakavi 15mg Tablet: Health Arx Technologies Private Limited, Amishi Consumer Technologies P Ltd, Organic India Private Limited, Delhi Cryogenic Products Pvt Ltd, First Step Digital Pvt Ltd, Gupta Homoeo Pharmacy Pvt Ltd, Natures Velvet Lifecare, Organic Wellness Products Private Limited, RK Sons, Pills Tree Super Pharmacy, Melting Pot Concepts Pvt Ltd, Zywie Ventures Pvt Ltd, SBL Pvt Ltd, Lifecare Chemist (PAN India), Satyog Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Ghantakarn International, Aashirwad Agency, Airveda Technologies Pvt Ltd, Fit and Glow Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Keshav Homeo Home, Radicura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Perfect Nutrition, Jiva Ayurvedic Pharmacy Ltd, Sharma Traders, Bright Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Vendor, Maximaa Systems Ltd, Swadeshi Ayurved, Sri Jain Pharmacy, Inlife Pharma Pvt Ltd, Herbolab India Pvt Ltd, Ayush Enterprises, Priya Entreprises, Gallop Trading Company, Planet Ayurveda, Life aid Homeopathic and ayurvedic store, Emmbros Overseas, Makvis, Herboveda India, Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd., Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Distributors, BestSource Nutrition Private Limited, Biomed Distributors, Star medicare, DF Pharmacy Ltd, Do You Even Gym, 9 to 9 Farmacia, The Medicine Mart, Bantom Laboratories P Ltd , 9to9 Farmacia (South), Madhu Medicos, M/s R&G Healthcare (Delhi), OHMS GROUP, Adret Retail Pvt. Ltd.
Substitutes for Jakavi
No substitutes found for this medicine