Medicine Overview of Hylogel Gel
Uses of Hylogel Gel
Hylogel 0.2% Gel is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Side effects of Hylogel Gel
Discoloration of skin, Pain, Joint inflammation, Joint stiffness, Itching, Joint swelling.
How to use Hylogel Gel
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
How Hylogel Gel works
Hyaluronic acid belongs to a class of medications called musculoskeletal agents. It works by restoring naturally occurring hyaluronic acid in the fluid (synovial fluid) between joints. By doing so, it lubricates the bone joints and acts as shock absorber thereby reducing joint pain and improving joint movement.
In Depth Information on Hylogel Gel
Expert advice for Hylogel Gel
- After receiving hyaluronic acid injection, avoid activities that may strain your knee such as strenuous sports and exercise or standing for a long time.
- Contact your doctor immediately if bruising, redness, pain, or swelling persists for a long time at the injection site.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rash or reactions, difficulty breathing; and swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.
- Consult your doctor before using hyaluronic acid in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to egg proteins or bird proteins (allergy to feathers etc.).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hyaluronic acid and any of its ingredients, or to bacterial proteins.
- Do not take if having bleeding disorders.
- Do not take if suffering with infections or skin disease around the injection site.
Special precautions for Hylogel 0.2% Gel
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Hylogel 0.2% Gel may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Hylogel 0.2% Gel d+more
uring lactation. Please consult your doctor....
It is not known whether Hylogel 0.2% Gel alters the ability+more
to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Hylogel 0.2% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Hylogel 0.2% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Hylogel 0.2% Gel is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Hylogel 0.2% Gel may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Hyaluronic Acid, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose
Frequently asked questions for Hylogel 0.2% Gel
Frequently asked questions for Hyaluronic Acid
Hylogel is found naturally in human body especially in fluids of bone joints (synovial fluid), eyes and other tissues. The medication Hylogel is a chemical derivative of the naturally occurring form.
Hylogel may be used as skin fillers to treat wrinkles. Always consult and follow your doctor's advice regarding use
Substitutes for Hylogel
No substitutes found for this medicine