Information about Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid uses
Hyaluronic Acid is used in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
How hyaluronic acid works
Hyaluronic Acid reduces the friction in the joints and helps them to work smoothly.
Common side effects of hyaluronic acid
Discoloration of skin, Pain, Joint inflammation, Joint stiffness, Itching, Joint swelling
Available Medicine for Hyaluronic Acid
- ₹1780 to ₹9621Kinedex Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17950Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16470Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1592Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16500Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7500 to ₹13000Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹467Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹17300Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹504 to ₹579Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12511Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hyaluronic Acid
- After receiving hyaluronic acid injection, avoid activities that may strain your knee such as strenuous sports and exercise or standing for a long time.
- Contact your doctor immediately if bruising, redness, pain, or swelling persists for a long time at the injection site.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience skin rash or reactions, difficulty breathing; and swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue.
- Consult your doctor before using hyaluronic acid in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to egg proteins or bird proteins (allergy to feathers etc.).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hyaluronic acid and any of its ingredients, or to bacterial proteins.
- Do not take if having bleeding disorders.
- Do not take if suffering with infections or skin disease around the injection site.
Frequently asked questions for Hyaluronic Acid
Q. Is Hyaluronic Acid natural?
Hyaluronic Acid is found naturally in human body especially in fluids of bone joints (synovial fluid), eyes and other tissues. The medication Hyaluronic Acid is a chemical derivative of the naturally occurring form.
Q. Does Hyaluronic Acid help wrinkles?
Hyaluronic Acid may be used as skin fillers to treat wrinkles. Always consult and follow your doctor's advice regarding use