food interaction for HUMALOG MIX
alcohol interaction for HUMALOG MIX
pregnancy interaction for HUMALOG MIX
lactation interaction for HUMALOG MIX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HUMALOG MIX
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for HUMALOG MIX 50 CARTRIDGE
Patients taking HUMALOG MIX 50 CARTRIDGE
- 25%Thrice A Day
- 21%Twice A Week
- 21%Once A Day
- 17%Alternate Day
- 4%Thrice A week
- 4%Once A Week
- 4%Four Times A Day
- 4%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for HUMALOG MIXNo substitutes found
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for HUMALOG MIX
- Stop using insulin lispro if you experience any allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, rash and itching at the injection site, rash, itching or hives on the skin, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body.
- Insulin lispro injection must be administered subcutaneously (under the skin) shortly before meals or when necessary shortly after meals, once or twice daily according to requirements, as determined by your doctor depending upon many parameters like blood sugar level, urine sugar level, activity, diet, illness, and others.
- Do not take insulin lispro, if you are suffering from kidney or liver problems; heart failure or other heart problems.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking insulin lispro.
- Take special precaution while taking insulin lispro if you do not eat regular meals, or you exercise a lot; or if you are feeling weak or ill.
- If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia (such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) you need to raise your blood sugar immediately by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including vitamins and herbal supplements especially ones commonly called TZDs (thiazolidinediones) which are used as antidiabetic medicines.
- Insulin lispro preparations that are instructed to be injected under the layer of skin; do not inject it into a vein or a muscle.
- Injection sites must be rotated between upper arm (deltoid), abdominal, buttocks and thigh area from one injection to the next, such that each site of prick is used not more than once in 1 to 2 weeks; this is to reduce the skin changes at injection site.
- Do not dilute or mix two preparations of insulin or insulin lispro. Also be aware that any change in strength, manufacturer, type, origin, or method of preparation may warrant a change in dose.
- Do not use if insulin lispro preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.
- Read and follow the instructions provided with the insulin lispro vial/ container, for loading a cartridge, attaching a needle, performing a safety test and administering the insulin injection.
- If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia (such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) you need to raise your blood sugar urgently by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Precaution must be taken while driving or handling machines as your ability to concentrate or react may be reduced if you suffer from low/high blood sugar levels or you have problems with your sight.
Frequently asked questions for HUMALOG MIX
Q.Does insulin lispro come in a pen?
Yes, insulin lispro is available in a pen style formulation
Q.Is insulin lispro/humalog short acting?
Yes Insulin lispro is a rapid and short-acting, artificially prepared form of human insulin
Q.How does insulin lispro work?
Insulin lispro is a rapid and short-acting, artificially prepared form of human insulin. Insulin lispro acts by replacing the normal production of insulin and by helping transfer sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is utilized to generate energy. It also stops the liver from producing more sugar. After the injection of insulin lispro into the subcutaneous tissue (upper layer of skin) it has a rapid onset of action (approximately 15 minutes), thus making it possible to be taken closer to a meal (within zero to 15 minutes of the meal). Insulin lispro takes effect rapidly and has a shorter duration of activity (2 to 5 hours) when compared to soluble insulin
Q.Does insulin lispro expire?
Yes, insulin lispro has an expiry date. Please read the date printed on the package for the expiry date
Q.Does insulin lispro need to be refrigerated?
Unopened cartridges and unused pre-filled pens of insulin lispro must be stored in a refrigerator where the temperature is between 2-8°C. When the cartridge has been inserted into the injection pen, it should not be put in the refrigerator and should be kept at room temperature
Q.Does insulin lispro cause weight gain?
There are no known effects of insulin lispro on weight gain
Q.What is insulin lispro/ insulin lispro protamine?
Insulin lispro is used to reduce high blood sugar (glucose) levels in people with diabetes mellitus. Insulin lispro is used to treat type 1 diabetes (condition in which the body does not produce insulin) and type 2 diabetes (condition in which the body does not use insulin normally)
Q.Can insulin lispro/ Humalog given IV?
Yes, If necessary, Humalog may be administered intravenously, for example, for the control of blood glucose levels during ketoacidosis, acute illnesses, or during intraoperative and postoperative periods
Q.Can insulin lispro be mixed with other insulin preparations/insulin NPH?
Insulin lispro solution must not be mixed with any other insulin preparation. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage, frequency, duration, or use of any concomitant medications
Q.Where does insulin lispro come from?
Insulin lispro is artificially prepared form of human insulin
Q.Is insulin lispro cloudy?
Insulin lispro solutions should be clear. Do not use if insulin lispro preparations is no longer clear and colorless or if it contains particles.