food interaction for GRAVITOR
alcohol interaction for GRAVITOR
pregnancy interaction for GRAVITOR
lactation interaction for GRAVITOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GRAVITOR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GRAVITOR 180 MG TABLET SR
Patients taking GRAVITOR 180 MG TABLET SR
- 54%Once A Day
- 23%Thrice A Day
- 15%Twice A Day
- 8%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GRAVITORNo substitutes found
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for GRAVITOR
- Do not start or continue the pyridostigmine medication if you are allergic to pyridostigmine or any other ingredient in the medicine.
- Do not take pyridostigmine if you have recently had coronary obstruction (heart attack); slow heart beat or any other heart condition; asthma; or stomach ulcer.
- Avoid taking pyridostigmine if you have fits (epilepsy) or Parkinson’s disease; an overactive thyroid gland; bladder or bowel obstruction.
Frequently asked questions for GRAVITOR
Q.Is pyridostigmine a narcotic/steroid/ immunosuppressant/ anticholinesterase?
Pyridostigmine is parasympathomimetic and not a narcotic/ steroid/immunosuppressant. It acts by inhibiting the enzyme called as acetylcholinesterase
Q.What is pyridostigmine/ pyridostigmine bromide/pyridostigmine 60 mg is used for?
Pyridostigmine is used to treat neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness (myasthenia gravis), paralytic ileus and postoperative urinary retention, reversal of neuromuscular blockade
Q.What class is pyridostigmine?
Pyridostigmine belongs to the group of medicines called parasympathomimetics
Q.Does pyridostigmine cause weight gain?
Pyridostigmine causing weight gain is very rare. However consult your doctor if you experience such side effect
Q.How does pyridostigmine work/ treat myasthenia gravis?
It works by inhibiting the enzyme called as acetylcholinesterase and thus allows free transmission of nerve impulses across the neuromuscular junction.