Medicine Overview of Granirex Syrup
Side effects of Granirex Syrup
Fatigue, Headache, Injection site allergic reaction, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Constipation.
How to use Granirex Syrup
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. Granirex Syrup may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Granirex Syrup works
Granirex Syrup is an antiemetic (anti-nausea medicine). It inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
In Depth Information on Granirex Syrup
Expert advice for Granirex Syrup
- Take Granirex 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Granirex, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Granirex is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Granirex if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Granirex in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Granirex Syrup related warnings
Special precautions for Granirex Syrup
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Granirex Syrup is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Granirex Syrup is probably safe to use during lactation. Li+more
mited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Granirex Syrup does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Granirex Syrup is probably safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Granirex Syrup may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Granirex Syrup is probably safe to use in patients with live+more
r disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Granirex Syrup may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION, Tramazac HP 50mg Injection, Trofentyl 50mcg Injection
If you miss a dose of Granisetron, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Granirex Syrup
Frequently asked questions about Granisetron
Granirex is used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Granirex works by inhibiting a natural substance (serotonin) in the body that is responsible for causing nausea and vomiting.
User Submitted Feedback For Granirex Syrup
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 5
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Granirex Syrup. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Substitutes for Granirex
No substitutes found for this medicine