Information about Granisetron
How granisetron works
Granisetron is an antiemetic (anti-nausea medicine). It inhibits the action of serotonin, a chemical messenger that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Common side effects of granisetron
Fatigue, Headache, Injection site allergic reaction, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Constipation
Available Medicine for Granisetron
- ₹39 to ₹61Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹100Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹101Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹36Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited4 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹92Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹76Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹67Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹76Hetero Drugs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹93 to ₹174Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Granisetron
- Take Granisetron 30 minutes before your food.
- If you vomit within 30 minutes after taking the Granisetron, take the same amount again. If vomiting continues, check with your doctor.
- If Granisetron is used for a short duration, for e.g. 6 -10 days, the risk of side-effects is minimal (well-tolerated).
- You can use oral disintegrating film/strip (medicated strip that dissolves when comes in contact with a wet surface) form of the Granisetron if you are nauseous to swallow a tablet or capsule.
- If you are using Granisetron in the form of oral disintegrating film/strip:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Immediately place the film/strip on the top of the tongue.
- The film/strip will dissolve in seconds and you can swallow it with your saliva.
- You do not need to drink water or other liquids to swallow the film/strip.
Frequently asked questions for Granisetron
Q. What is Granisetron/Granisetron hcl used for?
Granisetron is used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Q. How does Granisetron work?
Granisetron works by inhibiting a natural substance (serotonin) in the body that is responsible for causing nausea and vomiting.