food interaction for GLIBITIES MF
alcohol interaction for GLIBITIES MF
pregnancy interaction for GLIBITIES MF
lactation interaction for GLIBITIES MF
Taking metformin with alcohol may cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, somnolence, abdominal upset, or other unusual symptoms.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLIBITIES MF
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GLIBITIES MFNo substitutes found
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLIBITIES MF
- Do not take glipizide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have had impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD).
- Do not take glipizide, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do inform your doctor, if you are about to have major surgery or have had a recent injury (trauma) or develop a fever or severe infection.
- Do not drive or operate machinery, if you have just started taking glipizide as it may cause excessive fall in the blood sugar level leading to the following symptoms: confusion, faintness, sweating, dizziness, drowsiness, headache shakiness (tremor) and visual disturbances.
Frequently asked questions for GLIBITIES MF
Q.Can you take glipizide with sulfa allergy?
You can take glipizide if you are not allergic to glipizide or drugs from the same class i.e. sulphonylureas, sulphonamides or to any ingredients of the glipizide table. Glipizide is not contraindicated in patient with sulfa allergy
Q.Can you take glipizide with or without metformin?
You can take glipizide with or without metformin. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with insulin?
Yes. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with levothyroxine?
When levothyroxine is taken with glipizide, it may compromise the blood sugar controlling effect of glipizide. However, levothyroxine and glipizide can be taken together at a dose and schedule advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take glipizide with paracetamol (Tylenol)?
Glipizide and paracetamol have no known adverse drug interactions and can be taken together. However, always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Can I take glipizide with ibuprofen?
Concomitant administration of glipizide with ibuprofen may cause excessive lowering of the blood sugar level (hypoglycemia).Ibuprofen can be taken with glipizide if indicated provided that you follow the advice of the doctor regarding the dose and schedule of use of drugs.
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.