food interaction for GLEMONT F
alcohol interaction for GLEMONT F
pregnancy interaction for GLEMONT F
lactation interaction for GLEMONT F
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GLEMONT F
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GLEMONT F 10MG/120MG TABLET
Patients taking GLEMONT F 10MG/120MG TABLET
- 90%Once A Day
- 8%Twice A Day
- 1%Thrice A Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR GLEMONT F
- ALLEGRA M TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 14.19/tabletRs. 141.89pay 10% more per tablet
- MONTAIR FX 10 MG/120 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 14.50/tabletRs. 145pay 12% more per tablet
- TELEKAST F TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 13.90/tabletRs. 139pay 8% more per tablet
- MONTEMAC-FX TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 13.50/tabletRs. 135pay 5% more per tablet
- MONTI FX 10 MG/200 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 14.17/tabletRs. 141.70pay 10% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GLEMONT F
- Do not take montelukast if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to montelukast or any of the other ingredients of montelukast.
- Contact your doctor, if your asthma or breathing gets worse.
- Montelukast is not meant to treat asthma attacks of short duration. If an attack occurs, it is advisable to always have your inhaled rescue medicine with you.
- Take asthma medications prescribed only by doctor. Montelukast should not be substituted for other asthma medications your doctor has prescribed for you.
- Consult your doctor if you get symptoms of flu-like illness, pins and needles or numbness of arms or legs, worsening of respiratory symptoms, and/or rash.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR GLEMONT F
Q. What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma
Q. Is montelukast steroid/antibiotic?
No. Monteleukast is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs
Q. Is montelukast harmful?
Montelukast is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is montelukast gluten free?
Montelukast is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q. Is fexofenadine a steroid/ a decongestant/ sedating/ stimulant/ anticholinergic/ gluten free?
Fexofenadine (also available as Allegra) is not a steroid/ a decongestant. It may produce minimal sedation and may have mild stimulating effects. It does not have anticholinergic activity. Fexofenadine and other related brands are gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is allegra better than zyrtec?
Both Zyrtec (cetrizine) and Allegra (fexofenadine) are antihistamines. Zyrtec is effective at combating hives, while Allegra is most often used to treat the symptoms of hay fever. Both medications work well, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is allegra available over the counter?
Yes, it is available over-counter.