Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Information about Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Montelukast + fexofenadine uses
Montelukast+Fexofenadine is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How montelukast + fexofenadine works
Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger called leukotriene. This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose and improves symptoms. Fexofenadine is an antiallergic which blocks the action of another chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing.
Common side effects of montelukast + fexofenadine
Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Flu-like symptoms, Headache, Drowsiness, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Montelukast + Fexofenadine
- ₹167Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹188Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹168Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹159Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹137Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹171Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹177Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹158Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹178Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹153Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Montelukast + Fexofenadine
- You have been prescribed Montelukast + Fexofenadine to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Montelukast + Fexofenadine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.
Frequently asked questions for Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Q. What is Montelukast+Fexofenadine ?
Montelukast+Fexofenadine is a combination of two medicines: Montelukast and Fexofenadine. This medicine is used to treat allergy symptoms like runny nose, sneeze and cough. It works by lowering the chemicals in the body that cause allergy symptoms.
Q. Can Montelukast+Fexofenadine be stopped when allergy symptoms are relieved?
No, Montelukast+Fexofenadine should be continued as advised by the doctor. If any problems are experienced due to Montelukast+Fexofenadine, consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. Can the use of Montelukast+Fexofenadine cause dizziness?
Yes, the use of Montelukast+Fexofenadine can cause dizziness (feeling faint, weak, unsteady or lightheaded) in some patients. If you feel dizzy or lightheaded, it is better to rest for some time and resume once you feel better. Do not drive or use any machines.
Q. Can the use of Montelukast+Fexofenadine cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Montelukast+Fexofenadine can cause dry mouth. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips during the day and keep some water by your bed at night. You may use lip balm if your lips are also dry.
Q. What should be avoided in food while taking Montelukast+Fexofenadine?
Do not take it with any fruit juices (such as apple, orange, or grapefruit) as they might make the drug less effective. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Montelukast+Fexofenadine as it might increase the severity of drowsiness or sleepiness caused by Montelukast+Fexofenadine.
Q. Will Montelukast+Fexofenadine be more effective if taken in higher doses?
No, taking more of this medicine will not make it more effective, rather it can lead to increased side effects. If the symptoms are getting severe, please consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for Montelukast+Fexofenadine?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.