Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Information about Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Montelukast + Fexofenadine Uses
Montelukast+Fexofenadine is used in the treatment of sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How Montelukast + Fexofenadine works
Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger called leukotriene. This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose and improves symptoms. Fexofenadine is an antiallergic which blocks the action of another chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing.
Common side effects of Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Flu-like symptoms, Headache, Drowsiness, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Montelukast + Fexofenadine
Montair FXCipla Ltd
Allegra-MSanofi India Ltd
Telekast FLupin Ltd
₹126 to ₹1842 variant(s)
Montemac-FXMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹115 to ₹1742 variant(s)
Histafree-MMankind Pharma Ltd
₹118 to ₹1942 variant(s)
Emlukast-FXDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
ZadonaseAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Torkast-FXTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Montelukast + Fexofenadine
- You have been prescribed Montelukast + Fexofenadine to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Montelukast + Fexofenadine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Montelukast + Fexofenadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.