food interaction for GLATIRA
alcohol interaction for GLATIRA
pregnancy interaction for GLATIRA
lactation interaction for GLATIRA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLATIRA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GLATIRA
- GLATAXONE 20MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 958.55/ML of injectionRs. 958.55pay 182% more per ML of injection
Expert advice for GLATIRA
- Do consult your doctor if you experience symptoms such as relaxation of blood vessels (vasodilatation), reddening of face and other areas of skin (flushing), chest pain, breathlessness (dyspnea), increased heart rate that a person can feel (palpitations) or increased heart rate (tachycardia) after taking glatiramer acetate.
- Do consult your doctor if you have a history of heart or kidney problems before taking glatiramer acetate.
- Follow the instructions of doctor for proper injection technique and to rotate injection sites daily.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for GLATIRA
Q.What is glatiramer acetate?
Glatiramer acetate is an immunomodulatory agent. It works by modifying the body's immune system and thereby preventing the damage to the insulating covers (myelin sheath) and protecting the brain and spinal cord cell
Q.What is glatiramer acetate used for?
Glatiramer acetate is used for the treatment of multiple sclerosis (disease in which the immune system i.e. the cells responsible for defense in the body and damages the insulating covers (myelin sheath) of the brain and spinal cord cells leading to different types of physical, mental and psychiatric problems) and to reduce the frequency of recurrences of the attacks of multiple sclerosis in ambulatory patients (i.e. who can walk without help) with relapsing, remitting multiple sclerosis characterized by at least two attacks in the past two year period.