food interaction for GERVEC
alcohol interaction for GERVEC
pregnancy interaction for GERVEC
lactation interaction for GERVEC
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GERVEC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR GERVEC
- SURVEC 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Gland Pharma LimitedRs. 21.95/ML of injectionRs. 219.51pay 43% more per ML of injection
- TROYVEC 10MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 51.43/ML of injectionRs. 257.13pay 234% more per ML of injection
- NEOVEC 10 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 29.10/ML of injectionRs. 291pay 89% more per ML of injection
- SAMVEC 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 10/ML of injectionRs. 100save 35% more per ML of injection
- SUPERVAC 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 18.48/ML of injectionRs. 184.78pay 20% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR GERVEC
- You may be monitored with respiratory function test to check for paralysis of respiratory muscles.
- You will be on ventilator support until adequate spontaneous respiration is restored.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following medical conditions: liver, biliary tract disease or kidney failure, heart disease with increased circulation time, neuromuscular disease, hypothermia, burns, obesity, electrolyte disturbances, altered blood pH or dehydration.
- Seek medical advice while taking vecuronium as there is an increased risk of inadequate neuromuscular recovery (residual neuromuscular blockade).
- Before drug administration you may be tested for hypersensitivity as vecuronium is known to cause severe allergic reactions.
Frequently asked questions FOR GERVEC
Q. Is vecuronium/vecuronium bromide a controlled substance?
No, vecuronium is not a controlled substance
Q. Is vecuronium a sedative?
Vecuronium is a muscle relaxant and not a sedative. However it can be used as additional agent to anesthesia or sedation
Q. Why is vecuronium used with anesthesia?
Vecuronium is used with anesthesia to make easy placement of flexible plastic tube into the trachea (tracheal intubation) and to provide skeletal muscle relaxation during surgery
Q. Does vecuronium affect pupils/paralyze the gut/cause hypotension/bradycardia?
These effects are rare or of unknown frequency with vecuronium use. Stop taking vecuronium and consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms
Q. Does vecuronium cross the placenta?
Vecuronium crosses the placenta. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does vecuronium release histamine/cause histamine release?
Generally, neuromuscular blocking agents release histamine. Animal studies of vecuronium have shown weak capacity of histamine release. However, human studies do not support the data of histamine release
Q. How does vecuronium work?
Vecuronium works by blocking the signalling process between the nerves and muscles, which results in muscle relaxation.