food interaction for GEMCAL
alcohol interaction for GEMCAL
pregnancy interaction for GEMCAL
lactation interaction for GEMCAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GEMCAL
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GEMCAL 200IU NASAL SPRAY
Patients taking GEMCAL 200IU NASAL SPRAY
- 80%Once A Day
- 12%Twice A Day
- 5%Thrice A Day
- 2%Alternate Day
- 2%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for GEMCAL
- BMDRISE 200IU NASAL SPRAY(60 ML nasal spray in packet)Emenox HealthcareRs. 25/ML of nasal sprayRs. 1500save 95% more per ML of nasal spray
Expert advice for GEMCAL
- Consult your doctor and discontinue the calcitonin intranasal use if you develop severe ulcerations.
- Inform your doctor if you have high levels of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia).
- Inform your doctor if you have any nasal or sinus problems such as nasal deformities, a chronic infection, or nasal pain.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to calcitonin or to any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for GEMCAL
Q.Is calcitonin a steroid hormone/ peptide hormone/ bisphosphonate/ thyroid hormone?
Calcitonin is not a steroid hormone or a bisphosphonate. It occurs naturally in the body and is commercially available in the polypeptide hormone
Q.Is calcitonin effective for osteoporosis?
Calcitonin is a naturally occurring thyroid hormone which is used to prevent and to treat thinning and weakening of the bone (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women
Q.Does calcitonin stimulate osteoclasts/ Inhibit osteoblast activity/ stimulate bone growth?
Osteoclast is a type of bone cell which carries out dissolution and absorption of bone. Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone secreted by thyroid gland in the body, which stops the activity of osteoclasts, thereby stopping bone removal by the osteoclasts. Whether calcitonin stimulates or promotes the bone formation or resorption by the osteoblasts is uncertain
Q.Does calcitonin cause cancer?
Long term treatment with calcitonin for osteoporosis and osteoarthritis has shown an increase in the risk of cancer in clinical trials
Q.Does calcitonin increases calcium levels?
Calcitonin does not increase calcium levels. It is a naturally occurring hormone secreted by the thyroid gland in the body, which is used to reduce high calcium levels in the blood (hypercalcemia) due to cancer
Q.Does calcitonin decreases phosphate?
Yes, calcitonin decreases phosphate resorption by direct action on the kidney.