food interaction for GASPAZ
alcohol interaction for GASPAZ
pregnancy interaction for GASPAZ
lactation interaction for GASPAZ
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GASPAZ
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR GASPAZ
- DOMSTAL O 10 MG/10 MG CAPSULE(15 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.80/capsuleRs. 102pay 225% more per capsule
- ACIO 10MG/10MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LimitedRs. 4.50/capsuleRs. 45pay 115% more per capsule
- DOMCID 10MG/10MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)M D C Pharmaceuticals P LtdRs. 6.70/capsuleRs. 67.02pay 220% more per capsule
- DOMITIN O 10MG/10MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Navil Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4.40/capsuleRs. 44pay 110% more per capsule
- ZIDON O 10MG/10MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Kamron Laboratories LtdRs. 4.20/capsuleRs. 41.98pay 100% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR GASPAZ
- Do not take Domperidone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the tablets.
- Do not take the medicine, if you notice black, tarry stools (bowel motions) or blood in your stools, blockage or tear in the intestines or if you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma).
- Do not take the drug, if you have moderate to severe liver disease, heart problems (irregular heart rate or heart failure) or abnormal salt levels in the blood.
- Do not crush or chew the tablets, swallow them whole with a glass of water.
- Do not take the drug if you intend to drive or operate heavy machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Always take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before meals and, if needed, before going to bed at night.
- Consult your doctor, if you are above 60 years of age and taking domperidone for a long period of time.
- Inform your doctor, if you are already taking medicines for fungal infections (ketoconazole) or antibiotics (e.g. gentamycin, erythromycin).
Frequently asked questions FOR GASPAZ
Q. What is Domperidone/ domstal used for and how long can I take it?
Domperidone (also known as domstal) is used for the treatment of short-term (upto 48 hours) and long-term (upto 2 weeks) problems of nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn and bloating (not to be confused as laxative, steroid or antacid). Always take the drug exactly as your doctor has told you to
Q. Is domperidone an over the counter drug?
No, domperidone is not an OTC drug and it is not advisable to take it without a prescription
Q. Can I take domperidone with citalopram?
Domperidone may increase the sedative effect of citalopram and may interact with other drugs like antibiotics, pain-killers or anti-fungals. Consult your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines
Q. Does domperidone cause weight-gain?
No. Domperidone does not cause weight-gain. If you notice an abnormal weight-gain, visit your doctor
Q. Does domperidone raise the blood pressure or cause depression?
These effects are generally not seen with use of domperidone. But if you are experiencing these side effects, please consult your doctor.
Q. Is omeprazole the same as Prilosec/Omez/Omezol or Ocid?
Yes. These are the brand names for omeprazole
Q. What is omez?
Omez contains omeprazole. It is a proton pump inhibitor which suppresses acid production in stomach. It is not antacid which reacts and neutralizes acid. It is not an antibiotic as it does not kill bacteria
Q. Is omeprazole gluten free?
Yes. Omeprazole is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is omeprazole available over the counter?
Omeprazole although available over the counter, it should be taken only on doctor’s advice
Q. Can I take omeprazole for irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or nausea?
Omeprazole can be used for nausea or other gastric acidity related problems. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition and before taking the drug
Q. Can I take omeprazole forever?
No. Long term use of omeprazole increases the risk of wrists, hips, or spine fracture
Q. Can I take omeprazole with ranitidine, paracetamol, doxycycline, or metronidazole?
Yes. You can take omeprazole with ranitidine, paracetamol, doxycycline, or metronidazole
Q. Can I take omeprazole with Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), or Tums (calcium supplements)?
Yes. You can take omeprazole with Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium), or Tums (calcium supplements)
Q. Does omeprazole cause weight gain?
Omeprazole may cause weight gain. Please consult your doctor if you are experiencing the same.