Domperidone + Omeprazole
Information about Domperidone + Omeprazole
Domperidone + omeprazole uses
How domperidone + omeprazole works
This is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Omeprazole. Domperidone is a prokinetic which works on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of domperidone + omeprazole
Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Domperidone + Omeprazole
- ₹147Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹131 to ₹133Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹62J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹41Biological E Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹123Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹22Biological E Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹139Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Domperidone + Omeprazole
- You have been prescribed Domperidone + Omeprazole for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Domperidone + Omeprazole
Domperidone + Omeprazole
Q. Is it safe to use Domperidone+Omeprazole?
Yes, Domperidone+Omeprazole is safe for most of the patients. However, in some patients it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, stomach pain, flatulence, dryness in the mouth, dizziness, headache and other uncommon and rare side effects. Inform your doctor if you experience any persistent problem while taking this medicine.
Q. What are the contraindications of Domperidone+Omeprazole?
The use of Domperidone+Omeprazole is considered to be harmful in patients with a known hypersensitivity to omeprazole or domperidone or any other inactive ingredients present in the medicine. Cautious use is advised in patients with underlying kidney or liver disease.
Q. What is the best time to take Domperidone+Omeprazole?
It is best to take the medicine daily before breakfast or on an empty stomach.
Q. Can the use of Domperidone+Omeprazole cause abnormal heartbeat?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Omeprazole can cause an increased risk of irregular heartbeat (serious arrhythmias). These are serious side effects but the chances that it may happen is very low. The risk may be slightly higher in those who are more than 60 years of age.
Q. Does the use of Domperidone+Omeprazole lead to dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Domperidone+Omeprazole can cause dry mouth. Dryness of mouth occurs due to Domperidone, which is present in this combination. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips of water during the day and keep some water on your bedside at night. Cut down the intake of alcohol and avoid smoking. If you have dry mouth, try to use alcohol-free mouthwash as its use increases the risk of tooth decay.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for Domperidone+Omeprazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.