Domperidone + Omeprazole
Information about Domperidone + Omeprazole
Domperidone + Omeprazole Uses
Domperidone+Omeprazole is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and Peptic ulcer disease.
How Domperidone + Omeprazole works
Domperidone + Omeprazole is a combination of two medicines: Domperidone and Omeprazole. Domperidone is a prokinetic which works on the upper digestive tract to increase the movement of the stomach and intestines, allowing the food to move more easily through the stomach. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) which works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Domperidone + Omeprazole
Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Flatulence
Available Medicine for Domperidone + Omeprazole
Omez-DDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹45 to ₹1612 variant(s)
Aciloc RDCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹132 to ₹1442 variant(s)
Gaspaz DSBiological E Ltd
Domstal OTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
GaspazBiological E Ltd
OmidomMankind Pharma Ltd
Ranidom NFMankind Pharma Ltd
Domstal RDTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹69 to ₹1512 variant(s)
Domped OZMedispan Ltd
Expert advice for Domperidone + Omeprazole
- You have been prescribed Domperidone + Omeprazole for the treatment of acidity and heartburn.
- Take it one hour before the meal, preferably in the morning.
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.