food interaction for FIXMAN XL
alcohol interaction for FIXMAN XL
pregnancy interaction for FIXMAN XL
lactation interaction for FIXMAN XL
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FIXMAN XL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FIXMAN XL
- SI FIXIM XL 100MG/500MG TABLET(10 tablet xl in strip)Maneesh Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.90/tablet xlRs. 79save 19% more per tablet xl
Expert advice FOR FIXMAN XL
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions FOR FIXMAN XL
Q. What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q. Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q. Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q. Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.
Q. Is dicloxacillin a penicillin, tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic?
Dicloxacillin belongs to class of medicines called penicillin antibiotics. Dicloxacillin is not a tetracycline or a broad spectrum antibiotic
Q. Does it contain sulfa?
It does not contain sulfa
Q. Is dicloxacillin used to treat sexually transmitted disease, strep throat, and methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)?
Dicloxacillin can be used to treat strep throat. It is not approved to treat sexually transmitted diseases and is not active against MRSA
Q. Is dicloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Dicloxacillin and amoxicillin belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, dicloxacillin is resistant to beta-lactamase producing organism, while amoxicillin is susceptible to degradation by beta-lactamase producing organism
Q. Can I take dicloxacillin with Tylenol, Advil, Benadryl, and Tums?
Dicloxacillin can be taken with Tylenol, Benadryl and Tums. Dicloxacillin when taken with Advil (ibuprofen) may increase the effects of either dicloxacillin or ibuprofen
Q. Does dicloxacillin decrease milk supply?
Generally, dicloxacillin does not decrease milk secretion
Q. Does dicloxacillin cause heartburn?
It may cause heartburn.