Medicine Overview of Ferinject Solution for Injection
Side Effects of Ferinject are Vomiting, Nausea, Black/dark colored stools, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness).
Your doctor or nurse will guide you how to use this medicine.
Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection is an anti-anemic medication. It replenishes the iron stores in your body. Iron is vital for the formation of new red blood cells and hemoglobin, a substance that gives these cells the ability to transport oxygen.
In Depth Information on Ferinject Solution for Injection
- Tell your doctor if you have any blood diseases like porphyria or thalassemia, liver problems, any medicinal allergies or have received multiple blood transfusions.
- Your will be monitored for at least 30 minutes after receiving ferric carboxymaltose, as it may cause allergic reactions shortly after administration of the drug. Tell your doctor immediately if you feel any abnormal symptoms or discomfort.
- You will be regularly monitored for blood iron levels and blood pressure while taking ferric carboxymaltose.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any iron products by mouth.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with ferric carboxymaltose, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking ferric carboxymaltose as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ferric carboxymaltose or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with other types of anemia (not because of low blood iron levels).
- Do not take if suffering with high level of iron in the blood.
Ferinject Solution for Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection, please consult your doctor.
No Patient Concerns found for this medicine
User Submitted Feedback For Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection
Patients taking Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection How much was the improvement? Please rate Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection on price What are you using Ferinject Solution for Injection for?
Anemia due to chronic kidney disease
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Ferinject 50 mg/ml Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Ferinject 50mg/ml Injection: ALY, JVN, BHS, ZEL, BNC, HSP, RVC, RRP, RUS, LHP, OHM, RPP, DAO, HTS, CPK, WAD, TSS, SLN, GLM, TRP, PVP, PRT, ANT, NDP, DPP, STA, KIM, MJT, PTI, MRS, VNS, AMR, SCH, JHC, DHR, RDR, NVY, SLC, PEN, NXG, BLS, EEC, HSM, SGC, AVL, DVH, DYG, BDN, WHP, SDE, EPS, BAL, DFP, MSD, ATP, NWP, JSL, PLT, IMC, GBL, BMJ, HNP, MDH, RSS, EMB, UMP, SHG, NTB, BLP, OMV, RDH, QLF, ALC, AVB, BLE, IPL, DPL, PHN, RHS, PNQ, KMC, JVO, BDI, SVH, LHA, SHC, AXM, HEX, SMS, JJE, SSI, BBN, AFT, RGH, ENP, MAP, RHW, OWN, BHM, HPP, HZF, VSC, DLY, UVD, BRC, PHC, AYN, PMA, EQN, BSL, SBA, STS, PTP, KHD, CMD, OWP, DZY, BNA, MAK, JIV, GFL, AYM, OBS, NSL, SNG, ARD, SAA, UHP, CMC, WHL, DHP, BNT, VOP, SMN, FRM, ABP, NLG, GEO, SJP, SCP, ANS, RKS, 9MM, TOM, TNH, SDM, OLT, VSL, BJP, SWP, SRG, GMA, APS, PSF, MPC, SAF, ESY, GHR, NTL, AAY, SBN, VJS, SHN, LMS, BSN, FGH, VRS, EVP, FIP, KIS, AVS, UPA, PRC, BHA, BTM, NEO, AAR, HPC, KHC, EAN, WDE, THP, TAT, NAS, HGI, RPI, SSS, GPP, KNH, RTL, BAP, GGL, DLP, AGT, PPR, RHL, IAD, NVL, ZVP, SYN, SIO, CLT, MDN, AHP, 4IT, MKS, KLC, GTC, ZPR, RWP, RAC, NPH, NLP, AMH, SPD, VHP, KHH, GNC, MKT, SNH, HIP, TFP, SGH, MAX, MLC, OIP, SHD, DYL, XMX, SBL, JBT, USF, MOM, NNP, MDI, MAM, PWN, INC, ATL, BGS, BJR, AYU, PRL, BIO, PRN, HLT, HAT, MBP, ADT, IPP, RSA, VTR, VDH, PNT, WSI, WPL, LCC, ANP, SWA, MIP, HMP, DRA, SVS, HCP, BBS, ASP, 1MH, GDA, DGN, HBV, YMI, GLD, SPF, BHP, HWS, MDO, QTM, CRN