Substitutes for Exitol
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Exitol Granules
Uses of Exitol Granules
Exitol Granules is used in constipation.
Side effects of Exitol Granules
How to use Exitol Granules
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Empty the granules in a glass of water/milk, stir it and consume immediately. It is better to take Exitol Granules with food.
How Exitol Granules works
Exitol granules works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
In Depth Information on Exitol Granules
Expert advice for Exitol Granules
- Avoid taking a Exitol for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Exitol, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Exitol should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Exitol contains sugars.
- Take Exitol after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
Special precautions for Exitol Granules
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Exitol Granules should be used with caution during lactation+more
. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Exitol Granules does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Exitol+more
Granules in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Lactitol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.