Information about Lactitol
Lactitol is used in constipation.
How lactitol works
Lactitol works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects of lactitol
Available Medicine for Lactitol
- ₹107 to ₹196Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹197Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹200Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹219Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹169Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹20La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹154Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹94Druto Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹210Anglo-French Drugs & Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹235Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lactitol
- Avoid taking a Lactitol for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Lactitol, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Lactitol should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Lactitol contains sugars.
- Take Lactitol after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.