Lactitol is used in constipation
How it works
Lactitol works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects
- ₹211 to ₹450Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹196Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹104 to ₹210Medley Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹169Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹197Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹200Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹199Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹235Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹182Signova Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Avoid taking a Lactitol for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Lactitol, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Lactitol should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Lactitol contains sugars.
- Take Lactitol after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.