Information about Lactitol
Lactitol is used in constipation.
How Lactitol works
Lactitol works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects of Lactitol
Abdominal distension, Cramps
Available Medicine for Lactitol
LactihepSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹13 to ₹5203 variant(s)
GutclearZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹142 to ₹2592 variant(s)
LaxitolMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹99 to ₹2482 variant(s)
Totalax NFMankind Pharma Ltd
₹121 to ₹2752 variant(s)
₹132 to ₹2462 variant(s)
OsmitolMicro Labs Ltd
TorrelaxTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹72 to ₹2182 variant(s)
₹145 to ₹2753 variant(s)
HapilacSignova Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Lactitol
- Lactitol is used for the treatment of constipation.
- It should preferably be taken at bedtime as it requires 6 to 8 hours to show effect.
- It is usually taken once a day as needed for up to 2 weeks. Take it exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Some healthy tips to prevent constipation from happening:
- Eat more fiber in your diet. Recommended daily intake is 20-35g
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day
- Exercise regularly at least 3 times per week
- Do not hold in stool as that can worsen bowel issues
- Take it atleast 2 hours after taking other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of stomach disorders such as appendicitis or a blockage in your bowel.