Information about Lactitol
Lactitol is used in constipation.
How lactitol works
Lactitol works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects of lactitol
Available Medicine for Lactitol
- ₹117 to ₹215Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹186Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹197Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹121 to ₹230Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹219Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹281Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹169Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹275FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹216Abbott1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lactitol
- Avoid taking a Lactitol for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Lactitol, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Lactitol should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Lactitol contains sugars.
- Take Lactitol after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.