food interaction for DONAMEM
alcohol interaction for DONAMEM
pregnancy interaction for DONAMEM
lactation interaction for DONAMEM
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DONAMEM
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR DONAMEM 10 TABLET
Patients taking DONAMEM 10 TABLET
- 71%Once A Day
- 26%Twice A Day
- 1%Four Times A Day
- 1%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR DONAMEM
- MEMANCAD D TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 15.26/tabletRs. 152.60save 15% more per tablet
- ARICEP M FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 17.50/tabletRs. 175save 2% more per tablet
- DONECEPT M FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 16/tabletRs. 160save 11% more per tablet
- LARENTINE D 5MG/10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La Renon Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 17/tabletRs. 170save 5% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR DONAMEM
- Do not take donepezil hydrochloride, if you are allergic to donepezil hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using donepezil hydrochloride, if you are breastfeeding.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: stomach or duodenal ulcers; seizures (fits) or convulsions; heart condition (irregular or very slow heart beat); asthma or other long term lung disease; liver problems or hepatitis; urine or mild kidney disease.
- Do not use donepezil hydrochloride, if you are pregnant.
- Donepezil hydrochloride is not intended for use in children and adolescents younger than 18 years.
- Donepezil hydrochloride should not be taken with alcohol because alcohol may change its effect.
- Do not drive or operate machinery.
Frequently asked questions FOR DONAMEM
Q. What is donepezil hydrochloride/ what is donepezil hydrochloride used for/ what does donepezil hydrochloride do?
Donepezil hydrochloride belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors and is used to treat the symptoms of dementia (which includes increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioral changes) in people diagnosed as having mild and moderately severe Alzheimer's disease
Q. Does donepezil Hcl work?
Donepezil hydrochloride does work, but its effectiveness can be different based on individual response.
Q. Is memantine a cholinesterase inhibitor/antipsychotic drug/anticholinergic?
Memantine belongs to the group of medicines called psychoanaleptics. It is not a cholinesterase inhibitor/antipsychotic drug/anticholinergic
Q. Is memantine a controlled substance?
No, memantine is not a controlled substance
Q. Does memantine increase acetylcholine?
No, it does not increase acetylcholine
Q. Does memantine cause drowsiness/make you sleepy?
Yes, memantine cause drowsiness or sleepiness. Always consult your doctor if the symptoms are severe
Q. Does memantine come in liquid form?
Yes, memantine is available in liquid form as oral solution
Q. Does memantine increase dopamine?
Concurrent use of memantine and dopamine may increase the dopamine level in the blood. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does memantine help vascular dementia?
Memantine may help in vascular dementia. Patient should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. How does memantine work in the body?
It works by modulating the effects of increased levels of chemical substance in the brain called glutamate, and thus decreasing abnormal activity in the brain.