food interaction for DELCAR
alcohol interaction for DELCAR
pregnancy interaction for DELCAR
lactation interaction for DELCAR
SALT INFORMATION for DELCAR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DELCARNo substitutes found
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DELCAR
- If you have had a history of convulsions or epilepsy.
- If you have kidney or heart problems.
- If you are greater than 65 years of age.
- If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for DELCAR
Q.What is diethylcarbamazine used for?
Diethylcarbamazine is used to treat filariasis (elephantiasis), a disfiguring disease in which swelling of arms, legs or other body parts may occur. It is also used for topical eosinophilia, African eye worm or river blindness
Q.How does diethylcarbamazine work?
Diethylcarbamazine belongs to a class of medication call anti-helmintics. It can act against both the larval and adult forms of the parasitic worms that cause filariasis
Q.Is diethylcarbamazine an antibiotic?
Diethylcarbamazine is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-helmintics
Q.Is it effective?
It is effective only if used for an indication and a dose prescribed by your doctor.