food interaction for DECET
alcohol interaction for DECET
pregnancy interaction for DECET
lactation interaction for DECET
SALT INFORMATION for DECET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DECET
- EOFIL 150 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 1.60/tabletRs. 16pay 140% more per tablet
- RESOPHYL TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Empiai Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 1.42/tabletRs. 14.20pay 113% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for DECET
- If you have had a history of convulsions or epilepsy.
- If you have kidney or heart problems.
- If you are greater than 65 years of age.
- If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for DECET
Q.What is diethylcarbamazine used for?
Diethylcarbamazine is used to treat filariasis (elephantiasis), a disfiguring disease in which swelling of arms, legs or other body parts may occur. It is also used for topical eosinophilia, African eye worm or river blindness
Q.How does diethylcarbamazine work?
Diethylcarbamazine belongs to a class of medication call anti-helmintics. It can act against both the larval and adult forms of the parasitic worms that cause filariasis
Q.Is diethylcarbamazine an antibiotic?
Diethylcarbamazine is not an antibiotic. It is an anti-helmintics
Q.Is it effective?
It is effective only if used for an indication and a dose prescribed by your doctor.