food interaction for DEBURA
alcohol interaction for DEBURA
pregnancy interaction for DEBURA
lactation interaction for DEBURA
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR DEBURA
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR DEBURANo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR DEBURA
- Take dexibuprofen preferably with meals to avoid stomach problems particularly when taking for long-term use.
- Stop taking the medicine and seek immediate medical help if you pass blood in your stools/motions, pass black tarry stools, vomit any blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds or have allergic symptoms such as difficulty breathing, asthma, a runny nose, a skin rash or swelling to your face.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, bowel ulcers, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, liver or kidney disease, blood clotting disorders, heart disease or high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol or you are a smoker or if fluids are collected in your body tissues (oedema), a disease which affects joints, muscles and skin (systemic lupus erythematosus) or a collagen disease which affects connective tissues (mixed collagenosis) or you have varicella (chickenpox) and you are taking any medications to treat them.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Dexibuprofen may make it more difficult to become pregnant, however, your fertility will return to normal once you stop taking the medicine.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as dexibuprofen may cause dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking dexibuprofen as it may worsen the side effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR DEBURA
Q. What is dexibuprofen used for?
Dexibuprofen is used to relieve pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (pain, swelling, and reduced motion in the joints), menstrual pain (dysmenorrhoea) and other mild to moderate pains in the muscles and joints, toothaches and to reduce fever
Q. How does dexibuprofen work?
Dexibuprofen belongs to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It inhibits certain chemicals in the body that control inflammation and pain production, thereby, providing relief.
Q. Is paracetamol safe/ banned/ available in India?
Paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen, crocin, dolo, calpol, pacimol) is an over-the-counter drug available in India. It is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is paracetamol a painkiller/ used for cold?
Paracetamol is used to relieve mild to moderate pain associated with cold and flu, as well as fever
Q. Does paracetamol make you drowsy / sleepy?
Paracetamol does not cause drowsiness. However, paracetamol is available in combination with cough and cold medicines (eg. cetirizine, chlorpheniramine), which may cause drowsiness or sleepiness
Q. Is paracetamol an NSAID/ antibiotic?
Paracetamol is a anti-pyretic (anti-fever), anti -inflammatory drug, which belongs to the category of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). However, unlike other NSAIDS, paracetamol can relieve only mild to moderate pain. It is not an antibiotic
Q. Can I take crocin with cetirizine/ aceclofenac/ amoxicillin/ codeine/ tramadol/ warfarin/ erythromycin/ antibiotics?
Yes, paracetamol (available as crocin) can be taken with all of these drugs. Caution is advised when crocin is to be used with warfarin. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q. Can I take crocin with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID?
Paracetamol (available as crocin) is available over-the-counter in combination with ibuprofen/naproxen/other NSAID. However, always consult your doctor regarding combined use of crocin with any other drug
Q. Does paracetamol cause death?
Paracetamol on overdose can severely damage the liver and cause death. No more than 4 grams should be consumed in one day. Always consult your doctor regarding use of paracetamol
Q. Can calpol make babies/ toddlers sleep/ help in teething pain?
Calpol can relieve pain in infants and children; it does not make them sleep.