food interaction for D FAX PLUS
alcohol interaction for D FAX PLUS
pregnancy interaction for D FAX PLUS
lactation interaction for D FAX PLUS
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for D FAX PLUS
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for D FAX PLUS
- ZYVEN OD PLUS 50 MG/0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 12.68/tabletRs. 126.80pay 2% more per tablet
- VENTAB PLUS 50MG/0.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.50/tabletRs. 115save 7% more per tablet
- NEXVENLA OD PLUS TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 12.70/tabletRs. 127pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for D FAX PLUS
- Do not start or continue desvenlafaxine, in any form if you are allergic to desvenlafaxine or any other ingredients of the medicine.
- Do not take desvenlafaxine, if you have fever, muscle stiffness or tremor, changes in your mental state like confusion, irritability and extreme agitation (serotonin syndrome or neuroleptic malignant syndrome).
- Avoid taking desvenlafaxine, if you have any respiratory problem; seizure or epilepsy; suicidal tendencies; or mania.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking desvenlafaxine in any form.
- Do not take this drug, if you are using antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
- Desvenlafaxine can cause drowsiness and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for D FAX PLUS
Q.Is desvenlafaxin same as venlafaxine?
Desvenlafaxine and venlafaxine belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is desvenlafaxine an addictive?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is desvenlafaxine a SSRI/stimulant?
No, desvenlafaxine belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
Q.Is desvenlafaxine safe?
Desvenlafaxine is safe, if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Does desvenlafaxine cause weight gain?
No, desvenlafaxine is not known to cause weight. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Q.Is clonazepam stronger than lorazepam?
Clonazepam and lorazepam belong to same category of drugs called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia) while lorazepam is used to treat anxiety disorders. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding the use of these drugs
Q.What is lonazep used for?
Lonazep is a trade name for active drug clonazepam. Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines. Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia)
Q.Is clonazepam safe?
Clonazepam is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Are clonazepam/ Lonazep addictive?
Lonazep is a trade name for the active drug clonazepam. Prolonged use of clonazepam may develop dependence on this medicine
Q.Is clonazepam an opiate/benzo/valium?
Valium is a trade name for active drug diazepam which belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines same as clonazepam. Clonazepam and Valium are different from opiates which are used to relieve severe pain such as the bone fracture/ cancer pain
Q.Is clonazepam a sedative?
Clonazepam have side effects such as drowsiness, tiredness, and dizziness
Q.Is clonazepam an antidepressant/sleeping pill/can used to treat insomnia and anxiety?
Clonazepam is used to treat fits (epilepsy or seizures) and sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear, and worry about these attacks (panic disorder) with or without the fear of public places (agoraphobia). Excessive sleepiness is one of the side-effects of clonazepam, however, it is not used to treat insomnia, nor is it used to treat depression
Q.How long can I take clonazepam for/ can I take clonazepam forever?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding dosage and duration of use of clonazepam
Q.Can I take clonazepam with oxycodone/ melatonin/ Adderall/ Suboxone/ amoxicillin/ trazodone/ Advil/ Valium/ Tylenol/ Prozac?
Clonazepam may interact with oxycodone/ melatonin/ Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine)/ Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone)/ amoxicillin/trazodone/Advil (ibuprofen)/ Valium (diazepam)/ Tylenol (paracetamol)/ Prozac (fluoxetine). Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does clonazepam cause hair loss/tiredness/weight gain/ dementia/drowsy/slow heart rate?
Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines called benzodiazepines and have some of these side-effects such as hair loss, tiredness, drowsiness. It is not known whether side effects such as weight gain, dementia, and slow heart rate occur; however fluttering or tightness of the chest have been reported.