food interaction for D CEF
alcohol interaction for D CEF
pregnancy interaction for D CEF
lactation interaction for D CEF
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR D CEF
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR D CEF
- OFRAMAX 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 50.34/injectionRs. 50.34pay 941% more per injection
- POWERCEF 1GM INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)Wockhardt LtdRs. 3.21/ML of injectionRs. 64.27save 34% more per ML of injection
- TAXONE 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 64.13/injectionRs. 64.13pay 1226% more per injection
- ZETRI 1GM INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Novartis India LtdRs. 6.31/ML of injectionRs. 63.11pay 31% more per ML of injection
- GROSAFE 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Gerrysun Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 60.95/injectionRs. 60.95pay 1160% more per injection
Expert advice FOR D CEF
- It is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or into a muscle. It is made up by the doctor, or nurse using water for injections or a suitable infusion fluid.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftriaxone.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. This includes medicines you can obtain without a prescription.
- Do not start or continue the ceftriaxone and consult your doctor if you have a liver or kidney disease.
- Do not take this drug and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR D CEF
Q. Is ceftriaxone a form of penicillin drug?
No, ceftriaxone is not a penicillin drug
Q. Is it bactericidal or bacteristatic?
It is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is bactericidal drug
Q. Is ceftriaxone safe in liver disease?
Yes, ceftriaxone is safe in liver disease. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Is ceftriaxone compatible with potassium or potassium chloride?
Yes, ceftriaxone is compatible with potassium or potassium chloride when taken together
Q. Is ceftriaxone the same as cephalexin, Monocef-o, Monocef 200, Monocef tablet, Cefakind, or Cefakind 250?
No, all are different cephalosporin antibiotics. Monocef-o, Monocef 200, or Monocef tablet contain cefpodoxmine, and Cefakind, or Cefakind 250 contain cefuroxime
Q. What organisms does ceftriaxone cover?
Ceftriaxone is active against pseudomonas, staphylococcus, and klebsiella bacteria. It has no activity against chlamydia, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (mrsa), and mycoplasma.